Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question No category selection possible

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by Thomas233
Hello,

first of all I would like say a big thank you for the kunena team for it`s great work on this fantastic Joomla component.

I`ve an Joomla 1.7 installation with Kunena 1.6.5 and the latests "Kuena Latest" extension 1.6.4 on my server.

What I want to archive is to use the Kunena forum as data source for my news/front page which is initially shown. So if someone posts for example into the category "News" in the forum the post should be instantly show up on the news/front page. This is because I don`t want my users to struggle around with the Jommla backend.

As far I`ve seen I can archive it using this extension. However, I am wondering about some things (maybe i misunderstood something?):

(Screenshot attached - sorry for german translation)
  • No category selection possible
  • No categories are displayed in this field and its value is set up with "0" by default. In some other screenshots of this extension I have seen that a category list schould appear there.
  • Setting "Show content" doesn`t have any effect
  • On the page where the module is used changing the "show content" setting doesn`t have any effect the content is never displayed on the page (only as tooltip). Is this intended?

Can you please give me some advice on how to get it working? Is the latest extension version maybe not yet compatible with Kunena 1.6.5 ?

I really appreciate your help !

Thanks,
Thomas
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Thomas233.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Please use this file : mod_kunenalatest.xml

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas233, HowAboutPrague

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by Thomas233
Hello xilli,

thank you very much for your fast help.

Your patch helps, the category selection menu is now filled up correctly. There`s just a cosmetical fault left, the value "0" appears at the beginning of the category list.

But even if i select "show content" the content is of the post is only displayed as tooltip. I fear this is intendend ?

However great to see that an updated extension version is coming really appreciate your work and support !

Thanks,
Thomas

Attachment not found

Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
Yes, it's intended to show content only on hover

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas233

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #5 by Thomas233
Thank you very much for your help xilli!

Just because i am interested in is there any bridge/extension/plugin for Kunena which can serve this feature or do I really have to modify extensions source otherwise (or find another way) ?

Thanks,
Thomas

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by Griz44
I'm still rather new at this, so I'm wondering...is this just a file I can download and put on my site? Or do I need to modify/add some code? I'd really rather not do that, but I'd give it a shot if it was relatively simple and I had some step-by-step instructions. :)

Or will Kunena Latest be updated to include the category list any time soon?

Thanks.

Griz

xillibit wrote: Hello,

Please use this file : mod_kunenalatest.xml

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Griz44.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit
You need to save the file and replace it on your installation

The following user(s) said Thank You: HowAboutPrague

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds