Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Enable for Guest Users

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by John9999
I would like to allow Guest Users to add comments. I am using J 1.5.23 and Discuss 1.6.4.

Currently, Kunena Discuss displays, "You need to log in or register to participate in this discussion." if a Guest User tries to add a comment. In the plugin settings, I have the access level set to "Public", but it does not seem to matter.

Is there anyway to allow a Guest User can add a comment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Enable for Guest Users
G'day, John, and welcome to Kunena.

According to advice that I received late yesterday, it appears that this issue is related to whether your site uses server caching. There are issues in Joomla that prevent a resolution of the problem by the Kunena development team at this time.

(1) The Kunena Discuss Plugin does not work for guest posts if page cache is enabled. There is currently no workaround at this time.

(2) This situation arises, if caching is enabled, because articles (handled by Joomla's com_content) are cached before plg_kunenadiscuss is run.

That's the technical response. If you want guests to comment on your Joomla articles, you need to disable page caching on your site.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #3 by John9999
Replied by John9999 on topic Re: Enable for Guest Users
Thank you!
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by John9999. Reason: Resolved

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by MichaelVash7886
I didn't notice there was an option in security.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by MichaelVash7886.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds