Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Can Discuss post to forums? More info inside.

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by dawn2
Hello.

I found out about Kunena Discuss from an ooold thread on this site. Someone was wanting to be able to have a user basically type an article or form, hit submit and the information be posted inside a category in Kunena.

Can Kunena do this?

I installed Kunena discuss and I have the newest version of the board - I make a menu item (in joomla) to create an article but the menu would not show up when its viewing rights were set to registered even when logged in as a super user. So I set the menu item to public, it showed up, when I clicked it however, with a registered user it gave me a 403 error saying I was not authorized to view that resource. Further, when using the menu as a super admin - I was allowed to create an article but when I hit save I could never find it and it did not post to a forum category as specified in the backend.

I'm probably doing something wrong. Any advice to achieve this desired effect would be greatly appreciated, especially if only registered members would be able to use this function.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled

dawn2 wrote: ... basically type an article or form, hit submit and the information be posted inside a category in Kunena. Can Kunena do this?

The short answer is yes. Emphatically and unequivocally yes! This feature is used here at this website www.kunena.org .

However ... whether unregistered users can see these things, that's a different matter entirely.

dawn2 wrote: So I set the menu item to public ...

Which menu item are we discussing here? Which Joomla are we discussing and, which version of Kunena and Kunena Discuss are we talking about? Your K 1.6 configuration report will give you (and us) this information. Your K 1.6 configuration report will also show how you have configured unregistered access to view your forum, too.

We might also put this on the agenda of things for you and I to talk about at another time.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by dawn2
Doh. You are right I should learn to write better posts!

If I set the link in the main menu of the front page (Joomla Main Menu) to public. I am using J1.6 and K1.6.4 and KDiscuss (latest cant remember the version - sorry :-|)

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds