Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K2 and Kunena Discuss

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by DaSponge
Hi,

I'm currently working on a Joomla site using the K2 component for article management, J Comments, and Kunena for the forums. I recently looked at the Kunena Discuss Plug In. And thought it would be a good alternative to use that for the added forum functionality and I could remove JComments (nothing wrong with it its just one less plug in I got to worry about.)

Was wondering if K2 is compatible ? Any future plans ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by Forumpojken
Bumping this since I also wonder about this.. Im trying K2 and I cant seem to get Kunena Discuss to work in K2 "items".

I guess this is not possible? I found this after som googling:

It boggles me that the biggest forum component for Joomla has not developed, nor seems interested in developing a discuss plugin for something as popular as K2... I too am looking for a discuss bot solution and all this messing around is really putting me off using Kunena.

I hope Kunena Discuss soon comes with K2 support.. would be great!

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by kootjoo
Replied by kootjoo on topic Re: K2 and Kunena Discuss
Hi,

I also would like to use the Kunena Discuss option in K2. Anyone out there who know how to achieve this?

KooTjoo

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by Forumpojken
No news in this matter?

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by Phoenix
Replied by Phoenix on topic Re: K2 and Kunena Discuss
While I can't help in making Kunena discuss K2 compatible, I can tell you that I did a lot of research to see if there was a way and realized I had to choose between K2 and Kunena discuss. In the end discuss won out (more important to my site plan)

Took some doing to find a way to migrate K2 items back into Joomla without re-creating them all (they kind of "lock you in" once you start using K2) since they were all created In K2 but I think it is worth it considering that we seem to be very close to J1.6 Kunena compatibility which means most of the K2 functionality AND discuss :)

I know this doesn't help much except to let you know you aren't alone in your issue and that K2 compatibility is IMO one of its biggest "issues".

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds