Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Create Discussion Posts in Kunena When Someone makes a comment

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by derickson
I am using Kunena 1.6 on joomla 1.5.20. I Am also using K2 2.4.1 and the built-in articles in joomla for site content. I currently have jcomments installed for comments. I want to know if there is a way to use kunena as the commenting systems for the K2 and built-in article system in joomla. So when someone makes a comment on an article it actually creates a discussion post in Kunena.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Do you mean, something like what you see on the home page of this website ( www.kunena.com )?

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by derickson
yes, i think so. If the site uses K2 and the commenting is in the kunema forum. Does the commenting create a forum post that is an active discussion that can be replied to in the Forum?

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
This site uses the Kunena Discuss plugin - designed, developed and supported by the Kunena project team.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by derickson
Great where can i download it? Does it work with K2 & the article management system in joomla?

Thx.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

You can download it here : joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/?ac...&frs_package_id=5371 , take the RC2 version

I can't confirm that this plugin works with K2 and JComments

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by derickson
In installed it but I don't see any place to configure it. I don't see it listed in plugins and I can not find any option in K2 or the Article manager to use it.

Thanks.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by derickson
Ok, I found the plugin. This works great for the joomla article manager, is there anyway to make it work with K2? also can it work for non registered users?

Thanks,

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
This is the Kunena forum. Unless someone else has experience using K2 there is not a lot we can do to help. The Kunena Discuss plugin was designed to work with Joomla articles. I don't know anything about K2 or what it's used for.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds