Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Request: Config setting to disable autocreation of forum post

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by tisiman
Having only default category or category pairs defined, the first view of an article creates a post in the forum.
I am not sure if I really want this. The previous version was creating it only when somebody indeed started commenting.

On the other hand hard coding the {kunena_discuss:topic} (and not as in the previous version category) in the article, requires now quite some hand work to create the topic first then update the article with the topic.
Here being able to define the category would help, including creating the thread only when somebody indeed started commenting.

com_kunena_v1.6.0-RC2_b3373_2010-08-31.zip and plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.0-RC2_b176_2010-08-31.zip
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by tisiman. Reason: clearer title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by tmbvinfo
We have big problem with discuss plugin, we have more then 12000 articles already written, and we definitely do not want all of them in forum. Supposed to be an option, or discussion should start only after the first comment.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by password
Same problem...the plugin is useless in this way...is that a bug ? :(

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sergei123
The same problem and the same question? The whole forum becomes useless without this feature. I choose Kunena only because this feature. Now I would think how to use SMF or phpBB.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sergei123.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
I don't have an answer to this question yet. I've raised the matter with the development team and we'll have to wait for an answer from one of them. Sorry.

As far as sergei123 is concerned, if SMF and phpBB3 provide this feature - to enable commenting on Joomla articles (and neither SMF nor phpBB3 do that because they stand alone from Joomla) then you're quite entitled to use something else that works.

I would like to see tmbvinfo's website where there are 12,000 Joomla articles written. This must be a fantastic, resource-rich website indeed! Would you like to share the information with us?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #6 by sergei123
Actually, - I know that they (SMF and phpBB) are stand alone of Joomla. But you can always make some bridge in order to use Joomla acoounts. And without this discussbot feature, - Kunena doesn't have any advantages anymore. And futher, - look at this kunena view, - you place a few lines in the post, - but post has the same size as 15 or more lines. - Wasting of page space. And the user need to scroll mouse more hardly with this forum. Is it fare?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sergei123.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by mikesimaska
I agree -- the forum article should only be created when a comment is made! Static content shows up in my forum now! Quite silly indeed.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by mijalis

mikesimaska wrote: I agree -- the forum article should only be created when a comment is made! Static content shows up in my forum now! Quite silly indeed.

This issue has been resolved..look here:
www.kunena.org/forum/178-kunena-discuss-...unena-discuss-plugin

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds