Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Topic Creation Behavior and Date of Posts

More
13 years 6 months ago #31 by nimda79
Same here. I have some sites with 200+ articles on it...having to delete the topics is very time consuming. I really don't want to have to enable jomComment again!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #32 by andy bonner
Ha Ha :lol: Exact same situation for me....

This is like a Ferrari without wheels. The new Kunena is undeniably AWESOME but this is a huge achilles heel right now - I just can't use it with this working properly.... and yes for me it could be a total replacement for JomComment which I'd be delighted about.... It seems we're so near, yet so far....

Can any developer comment how close to the top of the 'in-tray' fixing this big show-stopper is?
More
13 years 6 months ago #33 by fmzone
What i did for now.
1) Create a forum category like "Uncategorized"
2) Clear joomla-forum mapping
3) Set "Uncategorized" as default category in discussbot
4) Set Not show in resent topics "Uncategorized"
I get every new topics created in "Uncategorized" which is not shown in resent on forum.
5) When someone started discussing article in "Uncategorized" I move it to a certain category.

Semi-automated, but its a solution for me.

Waiting for a correct solution from devs.
More
13 years 5 months ago #34 by luisvegeta
I think devs should really look in to this, or at least give some advice here to alter this. sebkun and other users asked some questions about a simple hac to solve this, and no answer was given what so ever.

the kunenadiscuss is a really important feature to at least 50% of the kunena users, so i think that devs should look in to it.

I undestaind that time is short, but 1.6 stable is released and working, and lots of people use and need this.

sorry for my bad english :)
  • pedrohsi
  • pedrohsi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #35 by pedrohsi
Replied by pedrohsi on topic Topic Creation Behavior and Date of Posts
patience is a virtue I guess :)

the main forum component is more important than the plugins, we should thank them for creating them (remember, K1.5 didn't have official plugins)

I've created an Archive category on my forum and put all the new topic there that were created by the discussbot - this way you can exclude this category in the last topics module and you can also lock them easily
More
13 years 5 months ago #36 by PGLion
I thought I was the only one with this annoying issue. I really need this one working properly, like in Kunena 1.5. Please fix!
More
13 years 5 months ago #37 by andy bonner
Last Developer input on this one was over 2 weeks ago... Can we get any kind of update on where this stands in terms of priorities... I just read on another thread that Kunena 1.6.1 is being worked on... Is Kunena Discuss going to be fixed up and come out of RC status before this???

Oh please please please say yes!
More
13 years 5 months ago #38 by fxstein
Seriously guys.

This feels like:

You just donated 100,000 bucks into a community and people come and complain why you don't donate more and faster.

All our spare time goes into this project. Everything we do is shared, everything is free.
1.6.1 is the top priority.

Some of you need to ask yourself what you have done for the community lately. If you have not contributed anything, you should not put demands out there - especially when you are benefiting from volunteers.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy bonner
More
13 years 5 months ago #39 by andy bonner
As per earlier discussions on this thread, the majority of us on this thread are in awe of what's been done with Kunena - We just don't have the technical expertise to assist with this one thing that's crippling it for us...

I'm trying to learn coding skills and someone said 'It's not rocket science' but to me it is - Remember we're all at different levels... I can contribute financially to have this one powered up (PM me for that!) - but I understand it's time and not money and that's just why I was asking re: where this is (if anywhere) in the priority list.... The only 'demand' was for a status update.... Sorry for my impatience.
More
13 years 5 months ago #40 by nimda79

fxstein wrote: Some of you need to ask yourself what you have done for the community lately. If you have not contributed anything, you should not put demands out there - especially when you are benefiting from volunteers.

We are contributing to help make Kunena better by bringing up bugs. And like Andy said...we are not coders...if I knew what piece of code to move around I would have done this by now. So the only contribution I can give is feedback on features that are implemented but functioning in a way that's harmful to the community of a site.
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds