Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important [RESOLVED] Kunena Discuss 1500 posts in less than 2 seconds crashed site.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by Acapulco Kevin
Hello, I have VPS and had used Kunena and Discuss for several months without issues.

Recently I installed Joomla 1.7, JCE editor, Jomsocial 2.4, Kunena 1.7, Kunena Discuss 1.7 and nothing else. My server is operating perfectly, the site is working perfectly EXCEPT Kunena Discuss.

Initially, I left all Kunena settings at the default and tested Kunena Discuss and ended up with 2500 duplicate messages in the forum.

I now have configured Kunena Forum under the Integrations tab to use Jomsocial for everything except Access control and that is set to Joomla. Now kunena discuss generates this error on the very first comment:

* -post-: Duplicate. Identical message has been ignored.
* -load-: An invalid post ID was requested.

* Your message has been posted.

The article is posted to the forum, there are no duplicates now but that message happens on every first comment. All subsequent comments post normally with no error message.

I would really like to solve this issue so I can proceed with setting up my site. I am willing to give Kunena developers access to my site so we can solve this issue. Obviously I am not the only person having issues with this.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #2 by Acapulco Kevin
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Acapulco Kevin.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3 by Acapulco Kevin
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Acapulco Kevin.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias
Finally with the great help of Acapulco Kevin I've managed to find out what's the issue was.

The issue was JomSocial plugin that called onPrepareContent (Joomla! 1.5 event) inside onContentBeforeDisplay (Joomla 1.6+ event).

So this was what happened:

1) Kunena Discuss gets run on onContentBeforeDisplay event
2) Plugin notices that no topic exists and creates new one with content of: "[ article ]1234[ /article ]"
3) Topic creation triggers jomsocial activity stream integration and parses BBCode
4) Inside BBCode parser Kunena loads article and calls onContentPrepare event
5) JomSocial plugin turns this event into onPrepareContent (to make its legacy plugins to work)
6) Kunena discuss gets run on onPrepareContent event
7) Discuss goes to step 2 (indefinite loop)

There's a quick fix for this:
Edit /plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php and remove following lines near line 100:
Code:
// Joomla 1.5 support public function onPrepareContent(&$article, &$params, $limitstart=0) { $context = 'com_content.article'; return $this->prepare($context, $article, $params); } function onAfterDisplayContent(&$article, &$params, $limitstart=0) { $context = 'com_content.article'; return $this->display($context, $article, $params); }
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Matias.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Acapulco Kevin

Matias wrote: Finally with the great help of Acapulco Kevin I've managed to find out what's the issue was.

The issue was JomSocial plugin that called onPrepareContent (Joomla! 1.5 event) inside onContentBeforeDisplay (Joomla 1.6+ event).

So this was what happened:

1) Kunena Discuss gets run on onContentBeforeDisplay event
2) Plugin notices that no topic exists and creates new one with content of: "[ article ]1234[ /article ]"
3) Topic creation triggers jomsocial activity stream integration and parses BBCode
4) Inside BBCode parser Kunena loads article and calls onContentPrepare event
5) JomSocial plugin turns this event into onPrepareContent (to make its legacy plugins to work)
6) Kunena discuss gets run on onPrepareContent event
7) Discuss goes to step 2 (indefinite loop)

There's a quick fix for this:
Edit /plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php and remove following lines near line 100:

Code:
// Joomla 1.5 support public function onPrepareContent(&$article, &$params, $limitstart=0) { $context = 'com_content.article'; return $this->prepare($context, $article, $params); } function onAfterDisplayContent(&$article, &$params, $limitstart=0) { $context = 'com_content.article'; return $this->display($context, $article, $params); }

Everything works perfectly now... Without the above fix... Data Base nightmare..

Much appreciated Matias.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by ZYNC
Hello Acapulco Kevin. I'm just wondering where you get the Jomsocial 2.4 a month ago when it has just been recently released. Is that a release candidate version? Have you checked this with the Jomsocial team?

I think since you found out that it's a jomsocial plugin that triggers it, they should do something about it.

Jus thinking out loud.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by Matias
We have fixed the issue so that this won't happen anymore in 1.7.1. But calling the old event is dangerous as most content plugins aren't prepared to that.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by Acapulco Kevin

ZYNC wrote: Hello Acapulco Kevin. I'm just wondering where you get the Jomsocial 2.4 a month ago when it has just been recently released. Is that a release candidate version? Have you checked this with the Jomsocial team?

I think since you found out that it's a jomsocial plugin that triggers it, they should do something about it.

Just thinking out loud.

It isn't 2.4 it was 2.2.4 big difference. But just thinking out loud.... I also have tested Matias' changes for the 1.7.1 version and it works just fine with Jomsocial 2.4 Boulevard release. Unfortunately for Jomsocial the 2.4 Boulevard has serious issues with Internet Exploder (All versions).

And as for support from Jomsocial... Good luck with that. They have millions of bug reports and only a couple people for support. They released 2.4 Boulevard as a stable release but it should still be only a Release Candidate. For them, money is far more important than quality.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds