Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How permissions work in Kunena Discuss?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by Kibosh
Hey Guy's,

I'm building a new website and user permissions will be very important. I'm working with Joomla 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.5. I've installed now the Kunena Discuss plugin v1.6.4 altough I've read somwhere that this might not be compatible with the newer forum and Joomla.

It seems to work but in the article it shows that I'm not allowed to create comments? A bit strange for being the super-user.

Anyway, I didn't find an option to tell the plugin who may post comments. So here are my two questions...

1. Is version 1.6.4 of the plugin compatible with Joomla 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.4 or should I just wait voor a new release and is there a timeframe when to expect it?
2. How do the permissions work?

As a side note: Kunena looks good! Love the way it's integrated in Joomla. Much better than all those other forums where you need bridges and stuff. Thx for keeping it free.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Kibosh.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena discuss should take the permissions from Kunena -- if you can see the category, you can see the topic. If you can post into category, you can do the same in discuss.

There are a few issues that have been fixed for the next version. If you wish to test (AND report back your findings), please join into: www.kunena.org/people/groups/viewgroup/1...icial+Kunena+Testers and send PM to sozzled telling that you want to test discuss plugin in J1.7.
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by Kibosh
I've found what I did wrong. I set the default comment ID for the forums on a parent category instead of sub-category.

Now I have another question. The plugin shows also the quick reply's fields on the front page with the "featured" articles which is not good of course.

But in the plugin settings I have put the setting "Show on front page" to "Nothing". "Show on blog pages" is also "nothing" and for "Other Pages" it's set to "posts".

For the rest v1.6.4 of the plugin seems to work and will be a great addon for my new site.

Any thoughts for that Front Page problem?

EDIT: I think I know to little for being able to help devs with real testing.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Kibosh.
More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Please start separate topics for each question/issue/problem that you have. Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds