Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Discuss Articles With Joomla 1.7

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by boejean
I downloaded the Discuss Article and uploaded to my website, but I did not see the plugin on the backend. Therefore, I don't think it is compatible with Joomla 1.7, if so, please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

boejean wrote: I downloaded the Discuss Article and uploaded to my website, but I did not see the plugin on the backend. Therefore, I don't think it is compatible with Joomla 1.7, if so, please let me know.

I am assuming you mean that you downloaded Kunena Discuss plugin. Is that correct? Which version of Kunena Discuss did you install?

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by boejean
Yes...I downloaded the 1.6.5 for joomla 1.7. I did not see it at all.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm talking about the Kunena Discuss plugin not the Kunena component. They're two separate things. Which version of the plugin have you installed?

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by boejean
plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.4_b289_2011-05-07...Thank you very much for the fast reply..

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. I can't tell you with absolute certainty about the compatibility of Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 and J! 1.7.0 because we have not really tested this version. The Kunena project is currently working on the development of a Kunena Discuss 1.6.5 which I have tested with J! 1.7.0 and I can tell you that this test version works. I cannot tell you when KD 1.6.5 will be publicly available (nor when other Kunena add-ons for J! 1.7.0 will be available, either).

We have no plans to test Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 with J! 1.7.0 but, if people report that this version doesn't work then we have to accept that on the basis of those reports. K 1.6.5 was pushed out very quickly because of a heavy demand. We're working as quickly as we can to bring all the rest of the Kunena add-on extensions "up to speed" and we ask for people's patience in allowing the developers and testers to get on with the job.

I hope that helps. :)
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boejean

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by boejean
THANK YOU! Thank you for the free forum. Also, thank you for helping me by answering all my questions.

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by cybersalt
Hi.

I just did a test upgrade of my site from Joomla 1.6.6 to Joomla 1.7

After the upgrade I was getting the white screen of death on the front-end - not even an error message even though full error reporting was turned on.

After systematically shutting off and on various extensions, it was not until I unpublished Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 that my test site began coming up again.

I would conclude that KD 1.6.4 is not compatible with Joomla 1.7

Tim Davis
Basic Joomla Tutorials YouTube Channel:
Cybersalt Consulting:

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thank you for your report. I will refer this matter to the Kunena development team.

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by cybersalt
Although, in looking around at things I saw that I did not have the most recent version of Kunena Forum itself and after updating to that KD seems to be working fine.

Sorry for jumping the gun on that. :unsure:

Tim Davis
Basic Joomla Tutorials YouTube Channel:
Cybersalt Consulting:

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds