Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Kunena Latest slows down site dramatically

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by WSC
Hello

When we enable the Kunena Latest module, each page takes some 7 seconds to load (we have the 10 most recent topics showing). Do you have any suggestions to improve performance. Some general forum stats:

Total Users: 12808 Latest Member: XXXXXXXXXX
Total Messages: 581382 Total Subjects: 20891 Total Sections: 1 Total Categories: 11
Today Open: 0 Yesterday Open: 0 Today Total Answer: 0 Yesterday Total Answer: 0

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Yes, install K2.0 with its latest module when they both get out. You should see major performance boost.

I'm about to release RC1 (probably tomorrow in JAB), but I have one bug to be fixed in in latest module first..

PS. Kunena 2.0RC1 should be stable in most sites, but I advice to test it well before running it in a large live site. It's also not fully supported, but stable should be about 2 weeks away. I recommend at least test it well so we can get as many bugs as possible fixed before going stable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds