Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question [Resolved] Kunena Latest Not Displaying Recent Post to Public

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by lurd.sammie
Hello there.

I am setting up Kunena for a group website. I have Kunena 1.7 installed and seems to be working ok. I installed the Kunena Latest module to display the latest discussion posts on the homepage. However it will not display the latest post to the public users, saying 'No posts to display' but once logged in it will display the posts.

Pls see the attached images.

Can anybody help?

i have also generated a report which i hope will help.

Thanks

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_modulus | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: February 16, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Please check the settings of the module, change the time period

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by lurd.sammie
Thanks for the reply.

The time period is already set to as much as 1 year. I also thought that could be the reason but there again if it were then one could expect it to affect both logged in users and public alike. which is not the case here.

Pls see attached.

Thanks

Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
That's right. The Kunena Latest module has no posts to display to the public because there are no posts to display to the public.

I visited your website. I went to your forum. There were not sections, categories, or topics that I could see. There's your answer! Visitors to your website have no access to your forum sections or categories.

In your case, the Kunena Latest module is enabled for all users (whether they have logged in or not) even though there's nothing to display until they've logged in. The simplest solution is not to display this module on your site until after a user has logged in. And this will work! You can't have it both ways: you can't have visitors go to your forum, not have access to any categories (if they're not logged-in) and, at the same time, display the "latest messages" on your home page and populate it with data that they're not allowed to see unless they're logged-in. It kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? ;)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #5 by shaker
Replied by shaker on topic Latest news Guest
Hi all
kunena latest news module shows content only to registered users how can i do to show them also to guests?
Thank you in advantage.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, shaker, and welcome to Kunena.

If guests - people who have not logged-in to your website - cannot view the topics or categories in your forum then Kunena Latest will not display the latest posts either.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #7 by shaker
Thank you Sozzled

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds