Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Important Error: mb_substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/mydomain/public_html/libraries/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 88

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by qpidity
Hi,

The following error message started appearing within the Kunena Latest Module version 1.6.2:

Warning: mb_substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/mydomain/public_html/libraries/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 88

I've upgraded the component to 1.7.2 and the module to 1.7.2 but this has not resolved the issue.

Can someone please assist ?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Kunena Latest 1.6.2 is not supported. Make sure that your PHP.ini supports mbstring(). Try installing Kunena Latest 1.7.2 instead.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by qpidity
As I said:

I've upgraded the component to 1.7.2 and the module to 1.7.2 but this has not resolved the issue.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Have you checked your PHP to ensure that you have mbstring() working? Your Kunena configuration report may help us see things clearer.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by qpidity
I'm not sure which mb_string setting to check as there are various output in the PHP settings reported in Joomla. Perhaps you can clarify.

Here's the config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : custom | author: me | version: 1.1.0 | creationdate: Jan 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by qpidity.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by qpidity
No it's not hosted locally - it's hosted with Rochen. As I said in my first post this error only appeared recently.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
I'm sorry but, because it would appear that you don't want us to see your website - where you are having your problem - I can only conclude that this is something you will need to discuss further with your webhosting provider. In your case that is Rochen. Otherwise, you could look at the following search results from Google to see if they shed some light on the matter: >>> here <<<

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by qpidity
I'm happy to PM you the link to the site, that is if you are happy for me to do so.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by qpidity.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
I would be happier if you posted your unedited Kunena configuration report here. I may not be the person who has the technical knowledge to help you. I don't know everything; there are many other members of the Kunena team who may have a better insight into these issues and you may need to be patient for their input. The more information you can give (and your unedited configuration report will provide that information) the better.

Please read again, very carefully, What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? You will see that the only people who can read certain parts of the report are the administrators of www.kunena.org , the moderators of this forum and you. No-one else can read those things.

Time to create page: 0.613 seconds