Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Kunena latest module and joomla plugin

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by lszlsz
Hi

Quick notice of a possible issue

I use Kunena 1.7.2 on a Joomla 2.5.0 and have installed the Kunenalatest module 1.7.1.
I want to imbed the module in article using the native joomla plugin {load module}.
The module loads but only the topic icon is shown, no other text.

The module is displayed correctly when you publish it as a "normal" module on the same page - which is not the idea behind using the plugin. If the module is published on all other pages as "normal" module with the exception of the page where I want it in the article, it is displayed correctly on all other pages but not on the page where it's displayed via the plugin.

:-)
Lorenz
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by lszlsz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
The idea behind the plugin is to allow users to see the latest post on the forums from another page (say the home page) without going to the forums.

If I understand you correctly then the module is not appearing on the pages you want, perhaps you have set it the Module Assignment to "On all pages except those selected" in Joomla admin?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds