Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question [Solved] Adding ... after Post Text Limit

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by janaf
I have Post Text and a Post Text Limit set with Kunena Latest and the text truncates right at that number of chars.

Is there something like "....." that I can enable? Or can someone guide me on how to add this at the end of the text string?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by janaf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by janaf
Found the code:
Code:
<?php if ($this->params->get ( 'sh_firstcontentcharacter' )) : ?> <li class="klatest-preview-content"><?php echo JString::substr(KunenaParser::stripBBCode($item->message), '0', $this->params->get ( 'lengthcontentcharacters' )); ?></li> <?php endif; ?>

As my knowledge of php is minimal, I'd need some help with the syntax for this:
Code:
<?php if ($this->params->get ( 'sh_firstcontentcharacter' )) : ?> <li class="klatest-preview-content"><?php echo JString::substr(KunenaParser::stripBBCode($item->message), '0', $this->params->get ( 'lengthcontentcharacters' )); ?> // Add as pseudocode "IF length of BBstripped message > lengthcontentcharacters then output '...' " </li> <?php endif; ?>

Could someone help with this?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by janaf.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by janaf
Finally figured it out B)
Code:
<?php if ($this->params->get ( 'sh_firstcontentcharacter' )) : ?> <li class="klatest-preview-content"><?php echo JString::substr(KunenaParser::stripBBCode($item->message), '0', $this->params->get ( 'lengthcontentcharacters' )); ?> <?php if (strlen(KunenaParser::stripBBCode($item->message)) > $this->params->get ( 'lengthcontentcharacters' )) { echo "..."; } ?> </li> <?php endif; ?>

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by djvexo
Hello,
i tried to make a code for add "..." after the Subject Text Limit but it doesn't work.
Someone can say me how i can make this.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds