Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question loose template (itemid) in link, joomla sef is enabled

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by Richardkl
I have 50 templates (one for each US state) and use the latest forum post module 1.6.4 but when people click on the sunject (link) it goes to the default template. How can I get the module to build the links to the template page that it is displaying on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
We understand that, in Joomla, it's possible to assign different menu items to different Joomla site templates; that's done using the Joomla Template Manager Likewise, it's also possible to assign modules to one, several or all menu items; that's done using the Joomla Module Manager. It's also possible to create multiple instances of modules, configure each instance in different ways, and assign those to one, several or all menu items; this is also done the Joomla Module Manager.

Without knowing anything about your site, from a theoretical standpoint, you need to create 50 instances of the Kunena Latest module and assign them to your different menus. This may not be the complete solution but, as I wrote, I'm using a considerable lot of educated guesswork in trying to respond to your question.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by Richardkl
Yes, I have 50 instances and have each one assigned each to its template, that is the only way I know to control the display of modules.

The problem is when the module builds the links ( we have Joomla SEF on) it does not include the "itemid"/ "template" in the link, as that is what tells Joomla how to display/which template . If it is not included Joomla displays the default template. This is the only module that has this problem on the site.

So how can I get the module to add the itemid to the link?

They other modules add the itemid of the page that the module is on to there links.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by Matias
Do you have Kunena Menu published? Because of it's the only place where Kunena 1.6 looks into when it tries to determine which menu item to use. This happened because we were the first component that actually routed between menu items and first try is always a prototype...

Kunena 2.0 will accept everything and is much more powerful on routing.

Time to create page: 0.967 seconds