Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Important K 1.6 Discuss plugin is NOT backwards-compatible with old K1.5/K1.0/FB versions

More
13 years 7 months ago #11 by Randal
OK, first time I've done something like 'migration'! ;D

Step 1:
Open in phpMyAdmin table jos_fb_discussbot

Step 2:
Go to "Structure" tab and remove two columns:

- section_id
- catid

If system found any duplicate entry, I was remove as a duplicate this one who have higher number of thread_id and try one more time remove whole column.

Step 3:
Rename jos_kunenadiscuss to jos_kunenadiscussBACKUP

Step 4:
Rename jos_fb_discussbot to jos_kunenadiscuss

Step 5:
I configure Default Forum Category as I have it in old bot and apply.

And it works for me! :)

I want to hear what developers have to say about my method? I hope there is nothing wrong, but I'm NOT code designer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by Matias
Yes, Randal, that's the basic migration part. It will give you all the articles mapped to kunena topics.

What is missing, tough, is how to make Custom Topics to work..

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by Moonstone
Great work, Randal! Maybe the Kunena devs would be kind enough to fine tune this migration method. :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by fmzone

Randal wrote: Because articles that have already discussions now have ZERO replies.

To upgrade and have old discussions bound to article you have to do few simple steps.
1) In phpMyAdmin locate jos_kunenadiscuss table, delete content of that table (if some zero replies topics started).
2) Apply SQL query "insert into jos_kunenadiscuss(content_id,thread_id) select DISTINCT content_id, thread_id from jos_kunena_discussbot"
That's all. Articles discussions on its place.

Time to create page: 1.272 seconds