Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Kunena Discuss Anonymous Replies

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Jiminimonka
I have setup Kunena Discuss to allow Anonymous/Public replies to articles on the home page. If anonymouse goes to the forums category, they can post (after doing a recaptcha check), but from the front page it requires a login or registration to post.

It is probably a ID10T error on my part but is it possible to allow anonymous users to reply without going to the forums first?

Most of the settings have been altered to see if they allow it, but so far no luck.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 5M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: July 27, 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.2 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.1 | Kunena Groups 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Jiminimonka wrote:

... Is it possible to allow anonymous users to reply without going to the forums first?

Anonymous users are registered users - in other words, users who have to login to be able to use the forum - who choose not to show their credentials when they post. In other words, if I wanted to post on your forum and have my messages appear as "Anonymous", I still have to login to do that.

Perhaps the key to resolving the problem in this case is whether guests - i.e. people who have not logged in - can post comments using Kunena Discuss. :dry: Your Kunena configuration report shows that you allow guests to post on your forum and, in particular the category, I presume, where the Kunena Discuss module creates the forum topic for those comments).

Therefore, if you allow guests to post in the forum, I seems odd that people would have to login first. On the other hand, if you want registered users to post as "Anonymous" then, yes, they would have to login first. Does this make sense and have I correctly understood the question?

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Jiminimonka
For this category I did allow non-logged in user to post, and if they go to the Forum they can post in the categories they can see (the rest are hidden for logged out users), but they cannot use the discuss module on the front page - its says you have to login or register to do so.

Pop over and have a look - I can give you an account as well so you can try logged in and logged out.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by Jiminimonka
On the test site Rich made, when a guest posts, it puts in the name Anonymous automatically for them with the following system message:

"Anonymous message cannot have existing user as its author. Using default nickname Anonymous."

On my site, even guests have to fill in a name of some kind to post.

So whatever is requiring a name might be the problem but I don't think it is Kunena. I will keep on looking tomorrow after I have had some sleep.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by rich

"Anonymous message cannot have existing user as its author. Using default nickname Anonymous."

This also works perfectly well on your page. I can write anonymously (without registration) when it's forum category for public.

I think, it's a problem with access. From your picture I can see, you have Category Mapping 77,14;78,15; and Default Forum Category 20. Maybe is a Kunena category only for registered user?
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by Jiminimonka
Category 20 is Comments, the one you posted in. The other two are for registered users. I should check that the category on the home page is linked to the right place.

I still had to put in a name before it allowed me to post anything though.

EDIT: By changing 14 to Public, it allows comments on the home page now for that top video. By removing the mapped groups, it also allowed anyone to discuss a topic.

OK, so problem one solved, now I need to find out a way to have some topics not for public discussion.

Thanks.

Please read the FAQ.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by rich

The other two are for registered users. I should check that the category on the home page is linked to the right place.

Is logical. Has a kunena category access only for registered users, then also kunena_discuss has the same access.
Joomla article to public and Kunena mapping-category only for registered users, does not work without login.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds