Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Connect already existing thread to article and Discuss?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by LarsAgerstrand
Hi,

I have a long ordinary thread in the forum.

I have now created an article about that matter and I would like to connect the thread to that article. So that the thread is connect as the default comment place for that article. Or else there will be two threads on the matter which is not good!

Is that possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by Matias
Yes it is. Kunena Discuss actually has tooltips on how to do it (just go through the settings).

We have {kunenadiscuss:xxx} rule (check how it should be written), which can be used to assign any topic to the current article. Also make sure that discuss doesn't "close" the topic by allowing to post into infinity.

When you have make the binding between article and kunena discuss, you can safely remove above tag.

PS. tag can also be used to change topic to another.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by proterra

Matias wrote: Yes it is. Kunena Discuss actually has tooltips on how to do it (just go through the settings).

We have {kunenadiscuss:xxx} rule (check how it should be written), which can be used to assign any topic to the current article. Also make sure that discuss doesn't "close" the topic by allowing to post into infinity.

When you have make the binding between article and kunena discuss, you can safely remove above tag.

PS. tag can also be used to change topic to another.

Didn´t know how it runs.

Have now an article, and merge the create thread with the existing, but that didn´t runs really.
The merge thread have the rule [ article ] 574 [ / article ]" 574 is the ID from the article. But if I´m only (without) merging fill out the code, nothing happens

My plan:
Have an new article and want it connect with a forum discussion.

Is it possible? And how it runs.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by proterra.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by proterra
Maybe someone can help?

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by Matias
Add {kunena_discuss:XXX} into your article where XXX is topic ID. Also remember to check if the feature is enabled.

If it works, you won't see above tag in your article. After getting the binding, you can remove the line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: proterra

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #6 by plunk
Struggling myself I found out:

When i go frontend to the forum, to the specific topic, the url looks like this:
/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=15&id=155&Itemid=25

id=155

{kunena_discuss:155} is the right syntax

My surprise was: 155, from Kunena category manager I would have expected 15 (see attachment 1).

I still don't understand! Why 155, where can I find that ID backend???
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by plunk.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by plunk
Now I found where the ID comes from:

It is the ID of the first message of this topic! (Not the ID of the topic, but from first message.) Because topics have no id!

jos_fb_messages

Attachment:
- fraction of forum frontend
- fraction of database
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds