Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Article Comments only

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by GreenBoy
Hi
Is it possible to use Kunena as a comment system for articles only?

I ask as at this time I only want site users to be able to comment on the content of an article, BUT i want the option of being able to start a full blown forum at some time when site membership increases.

Te reason I would like to use Kunena for the comments is so when I decide to switch on the forum the articles with comments are already in the forum and I dont end up with two systems or loose all the comments once the forum is running.

Hope this makes sense

thanks for any comments
GreenBoy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Article Comments only
G'day, Greenboy, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for you very good question. I moved your topic to a different category where we can talk about the Kunena Discuss plugin. As you can see from the title of this category, the Kunena Discuss plugin is an add-on for the Kunena forum component.

As desirable as it might be to have some way of commenting on articles, you need two things: a Joomla component to manage the storing of any comments that people will contribute and you need a plugin to handle how those things will appear on your site. In the case of Kunena, you need the Kunena forum (component) and Kunena Discuss (plugin); it was the case with another product that I've tried ( CompojoomComment4.2 ) where you need a component and a plugin too.

I hope this helps. :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Article Comments only
You can kind of do that. If you don't publish Kunena, you need only to modify discuss plugin settings and template so, that it doesn't display the links to the forum.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds