Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Discussions on Blog Pages

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by saturn14
I use Kunena Discuss 1.7 with Kunena 1.7 on my Joomla Page with Joomla 1.7
(how many 1.7 :laugh: )

I'm very satisfied with the Plug-In :)
But I can't fix one litte problem.

The Plug-In is shown on Blog Pages like this on my website:
Link

On the Plug-In settings I found an option to don't show Kunena Discuss on Blog Pages. But it doesn't work.

Is there a possibility to hide Kunena Discuss on blog pages like my posted example?

Thanks for all answers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, saturn14, and welcome to Kunena.

saturn14 wrote: On the Plug-In settings I found an option to don't show Kunena Discuss on Blog Pages. But it doesn't work.

A screenshot of what settings you're using would help.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saturn14

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by saturn14
Hello sozzled and thank you for your answer.

I made two screenshots of the settings of the Kunena Discuss plug-in. But I use a German language file so I don't know whether the screenshots help you.

On the first attached screenshot you see the whole settings of the Plug-in.
On the second attached screenshot you can only see the bar on the right side of the settings, called basic options.

I think my problem has something to do with the third, fourth or fifth setting of the basic options. In English they mean something like:
View on front pages
View on blog pages
View on other pages

Thank you for all answers
Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Discussions on Blog Pages
You have wrong setting for "Anzeige auf Blogseiten". You need "Nothing (Nichts)" not "Link".

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, saturn14

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by saturn14
Hello rich and thank you for your answer. I changed the settings how you described. But it is not the solution for my problem.
I just made a few experiments with the settings:
When there is a subcategory with an own menuentry the cathegory blog is shown without the Discussions.
But when there is a subcategory without an own menuentry the category blog is shown with the discussions.

Example:
My subcategory "Analytische Geometrie" has it own menuentry and the category blog is shown without discussions: Link
My subcategory "Terme" hasn't an own menuentry and the category blog is shown with the discussions: Link

But the settings are for all categorys the same.

Thank you for all your kind answers!

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Discussions on Blog Pages
This is a Joomla feature. A blog page is determined by the menu. Pages that are accessed without the menu, are recognized as normal pages.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by gray
I had the same problem - the quick reply form was showing on a blog view, which is not recognized as blog because of no menu item (if you have categories showing up on articles as link, try clicking on them - you'll get a "false blog view").

What I needed - to have quick reply form (as well as posts) to be shown ONLY on articles. I have to introduce new option - "Show on Articles", and hack plugin files (description is given below). Result - www.zerno.org.ua .

1. File: /plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php
Find code:
Code:
$view = JRequest::getVar ( 'view' ); $layout = JRequest::getVar ( 'layout' ); $isBlogPage = ($view == 'section' || $view == 'category') && $layout == 'blog'; $isFrontPage = $view == 'frontpage' || $view == 'featured'; if ($isBlogPage) { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are in blog page." ); $show = $this->params->get ( 'show_blog_page', 2 ); } else if ($isFrontPage) { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are in front page." ); $show = $this->params->get ( 'show_front_page', 2 ); } else { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are in {$view}/{$layout} page." ); $show = $this->params->get ( 'show_other_pages', 2 ); }

Replace with:
Code:
$view = JRequest::getVar( 'view' ); $layout = JRequest::getVar( 'layout' ); $isBlogPage = ( $view == 'section' || $view == 'category' ) && $layout == 'blog'; $isFrontPage = $view == 'frontpage' || $view == 'featured'; $isArticle = $view == 'article'; if ( $isBlogPage ) { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are in blog page." ); $show = $this->params->get( 'show_blog_page', 2 ); } else if ( $isFrontPage ) { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are in front page." ); $show = $this->params->get( 'show_front_page', 2 ); } else if ( $isArticle ) { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are viewing an article." ); $show = $this->params->get( 'show_article_pages', 2 ); } else { $this->debug ( "onPrepareContent: we are in {$view}/{$layout} page." ); $show = $this->params->get( 'show_other_pages', 2 ); }

2. File: /plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.xml

Find:
Code:
<field name="show_blog_page" type="radio" default="2" description="PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_SHOW_BLOG_PAGE_DESC" label="PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_SHOW_BLOG_PAGE"> <option value="0">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_NOTHING</option> <option value="1">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_LINK</option> <option value="2">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_REPLIES</option> </field>

Insert after:
Code:
<field name="show_article_pages" type="radio" default="2" label="Show in Articles" description="What to display on article view pages"> <option value="0">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_NOTHING</option> <option value="1">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_LINK</option> <option value="2">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_REPLIES</option> </field>

Find:
Code:
<param name="show_blog_page" type="radio" default="2" label="PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_SHOW_BLOG_PAGE" description="PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_SHOW_BLOG_PAGE_DESC"> <option value="0">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_NOTHING</option> <option value="1">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_LINK</option> <option value="2">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_REPLIES</option> </param>

Insert after:
Code:
<param name="show_article_pages" type="radio" default="2" label="Show in Articles" description="What to display on article view pages"> <option value="0">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_NOTHING</option> <option value="1">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_LINK</option> <option value="2">PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_OPTION_REPLIES</option> </param>

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by gray. Reason: better code format
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds