Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Important Cannot get Kunena to differentiate between article and frontpage

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by eoin107
I would like to be able to either:

1. Have nothing on the frontpage & have a comment thread on the article page.

2. Have a link on the article page to the forum thread.

As for the first, have been totally unable to manage it, show in frontpage, blog page, other page make no difference, only the setting for other page works, and it works universally...

is there any setting set or code modifications i can make to get the plugin to work the way i want

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Eoin, and welcome to Kunena.

I think I understand your question. I think you are asking if it's possible to selectively allow comments to be posted about some articles but not for other articles, like those that appear on the frontpage. Does that sound right?

Theoretically, you should be able to prevent Kunena Discuss enabling the ability to comment on certain articles by adding the code {kunenadiscuss: 0} to the article text. I haven't been able to make this work, myself, on this website here ( www.kunena.com ). I will ask the project team to investigate what needs to be done.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Matias
Do you have Joomla 1.6+? If you do, I fixed a bug like this a while ago and your issue should be fixed in the next release.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Sozzled: The right way to write the tag is {kunena_discuss:0} (without spaces). But it prevents discussion altogether, not just from front page.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: fix syntax of tag

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Yes, Matias, and thanks. That's what I was trying to write. If you use {kunena_discuss:0} in any article then you will stop people being able to comment on that article.

I know that it's possible to stop comments with articles in certain categories - using the Category Mapping option of the plugin - but I don't know how else to prevent comments from articles that are published on a site frontpage unless those articles are in a certain Joomla article category, I guess.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #6 by chromehacker
Do not know if I understood the problem of Eoin, but I'm having the same problem.

Next: In the settings of the plugin has three options to configure how the comment form will appear in the articles.

Show on Front Page:
*Nothing *Link *Mensages
Show pages Blogs:
*Nothing *Link *Mensages
Show other pages:
*Nothing *Link *Mensages

What I (and I think that is the same as Eoin).

In FrontPage only show the link:

Discuss this article in our forums (5 replies)

And when you open the page of the article itself to read it completely, show the form of discussion, with messages and the field for a reply.

The correctly is select
Link on: Show on Front Page
Posts on : Show on blog pages.
Nothing on :In Shows in other pages

But is not working. The first two options do not change anything, and select "Show on other pages" it sets for all items, ie, the form of discussion appears on the frontpage.

Anyone know how to solve?

Thanks ..

[EDIT]

I got a partial solution to the problem.

First, it is necessary that the articles that appear in the frontend are in a specific category.

Second: Go to the Administrative Panel and select Menu / Main Menu (edit my main site).

Then click on the menu that is selected as FrontEnd

In the Type menu, choose for Category Blog, and select the category are items that will go to the frontend. (use and configure as they appear).

After doing so still in the Admin Panel go to Extensions / Plugin Manager

Click on the plugin kunenadiscuss: content_kunenadiscuss

In the settings select:

Show on FrontPage: Links

Show on Blog Pages: Links

Show on Others Pages: Messages

Save your changes.

Check to see if it worked ..

My site is: www.zeegamers.com.br

But it's still under development, so it is down for maintenance and only admins can access. But it is running smoothly.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by chromehacker.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by Matias
If you have Joomla 1.6/1.7, this bug is already fixed and new version will be released by the end of the week.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by chromehacker
Hi Matias.

Yes, I have Joomla 1.6. I hope the new version. Thanks :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by amitm
Hi,
i have the same problem + another thing.
first, i dont want that the discuss will show at front page, i tried to disabled it from the plugin but it seems that nothing happend,
secondly - after i enabled the plugin the #1 is appearing at the top of all articles title, how can i prevent it?

BR

Amit

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
amitm: Please do not use a single topic to introduce something that is quite unrelated. If you searched the forum you would have found the answer to the "number 1" problem. See "number thingy" topic

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds