Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Guest posts not appearing

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by MartynP
Hi, when I try to use the guest post function, basically nothing happens. There is no post on the page or in the forums. When I guest post from the forums themselves on an existing topic, the post is visible on the forums but not on the page itself. I have turned off page caching after reading a previous topic, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : hot_relief | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: March 2011

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Well, there's issue with caching in general: Joomla articles get cached after plugins get called and there's no way to turn the caching off (believe, we have discussed this with some Joomla team members).

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by joshwhite
I'm having the same issues with kunena discuss not working as well as general cache problems with Joomla 1.7.

So is it confirmed that Kunena Discuss doesn't yet work with Joomla 1.7

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
It works, but only if you disable caching.

There's no way to turn off the cache from the plugin (I've talked with Joomla devs) and the feature is needed to show any dynamic content like discuss bot. So basically Joomla 1.7 doesn't support dynamic features like discuss bots if caching is turned on.

Bad news is that there's no way to get Kunena Discuss to work unless the bug in Joomla gets fixed.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Matias.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds