Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 1.6.4 Installation blocked after a first false attempt - How to COMPLETELY deinstall the component?

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by chgeiselmann
Dear all,

I am trying to install a Kunena 1.6.4 on a Joomla 1.5.23.

I have previously tried this in a backup version of the same site, installed on another server. Everything went well there.

However, in the "real" version of the Website, Kunena 1.6.4 installer gets stuck showing a prompt "Installer detected failed or interrupted installation attempt! An incomplete installation of Kunena 1.6.4 build 4832 was found in your system. This means that the installation either failed or was interrupted." [See attachment: screenshot]

A factor here might be that I indeed had tried to install Kunena 1.6.4 in this Joomle site when the Joomla version was yet 1.5.15. I just gave it a try, and when installation failed because of the outdated Joomla version, I upgraded to 1.5.23.
I then tried to install Kunena 1.6.4 again, but only with the aforementioned result: the installer getting stuck all the times. - I then tried several times
- to uninstall the component via "uninstall"
- to manually delete all Kunena files (in administrator/components and components).
However, it is all the same: The installer blocks after the very first steps. (Meaning that SOMEWHERE must be something left from previous install attempts...)

Question: What should I do to delete REALLY ALL traces the first bad installation attempt left?[/b]

Thank you for your advice,

Christian Geiselmann

Attachment: Screenshot of the installer, where it sits and does not move...

Kunena164_installer_blocks.jpg
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by chgeiselmann
The issue seems to be solved now.
It was rather a problem of too slow server reaction... in any case, I could complete this installation later this evening (when, probably) traffic on the server was less. The install process worked as it should.

Kind regards,

Christian

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by chgeiselmann
PS: I am not sure about it, but on thing contributing to solving my problem could have been that I asked the hosting provider to set the upload_max_filesize parameter for PHP on this server to a larger value (it was 2 MB, and Kunena needs at least 3 MB). It is possible that first the hosting provider changed this value, and then I tried again to install Kunena (then not being aware of this changes on the server side.)

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
K 1.6.4 is actually a little under 2 Mb. Even so, if you follow the installation guide , you shouldn't run into the PHP barrier that applies if you try to upload the installation kit in the, so-called, "normal" way. That's why we decided to suggest that people consider the "URL method".

Let us know how you go. If you need to completely uninstall Kunena we can revisit that question again if you want. How does that sound to you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: chgeiselmann

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds