Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Unable to find install package w/in the download

More
13 years 3 days ago #1 by pjkinann
Trying to install Kunena on my Joomla 1.5.22 site, and it continually tells me that it is unable to find install package. I downloaded from this page: www.kunena.org/download

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #2 by sozzled
What, specifically, are you trying to install?
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pjki

More
13 years 3 days ago #3 by pjkinann
The one on the link that I showed in my post, and that is Kunena 1.6.x. Says it's the latest version. Maybe it's too high tech for my little 1.5 joomla site SMILE

More
13 years 3 days ago #4 by sozzled
*** Topic moved to a more appropriate category ***

Please read K 1.6 Installation Guide . There's even a video that shows you how to install Kunena. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: pjki

More
13 years 2 days ago #5 by pjki
Well, it looks like it is capable of working in my Joomla 1.5.22: "From a developers perspective, K 1.6 has focused on Joomla 1.5 native mode." I know how to install extensions, but apparently installing kunena is not a standard install.

Thanks for the link. I'm reading it now.

More
13 years 2 days ago #6 by pjki
I tried this on one joomla site and it installed nicely. I don't have any "test" sites but I have a couple that are fine to try it on. One worked.

My Joomla 1.5.14 (which is the beez template) gave me this information:
REQUIREMENTS CHECK: FAILED - Minimum version requirements not satisfied
PHP version: 5.2.14 (Required >= 5.2.3)
MySQL version: 5.1.54 (Required >= 4.1.19)
Joomla version: 1.5.14 (Required >= 1.5.20)

It also installed fine on my Joomla site 1.5.22.

So I guess I need an upgrade on the 1.5.14 in order to use the forum. But rather than attempt that now, I'll just work with Kunena on the site that I was able to install it on.

Thank you for the link to the proper way to install Kunena. That's the first time I've ever used that method to install anything. Always wondered why the "install from URL" was there. B)

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds