Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to Migrate from Agora 3.0.138 to Kunena 1.6.3

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by Wineblue2
I read through the reviews on Kunena on the Joomla Extensions library and one imparticular stuck out. Someone posted that they were able to use Kunena to convert an Agora forum to Kunena. I'd like more information on this as our renewable energy forum as I am sure you are aware has been orphaned by JVitals move to a paid support system which we are not buying into. Help!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by Wineblue2
I am running J1.5.22 and have Agora 3.0.138 installed and setup. Like so many others who got ophaned when JVitals switched their support we want to migrate over to Kunena but I have been unable to find any documentation to instruct me on how we can do this without disrupting the primary web site. This is a LIVE web site which conducts business daily so obviously I'd like to know what we are suppose to do before we attempt this migration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wineblue2
More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by lancerus
I'm in the same boat ... I've read the thread(s) on installing Kunena 1.5 and the converter, then upgrading *that* to 1.6 - but that is such a long (and potentially troublesome?) path. I'd really like to see a converter from Agora -> Kunena 1.6 ... I'd upgrade in a heartbeat. I've lost all faith in Agora and really want to move over here ...
More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by Wineblue2
OK this is ridiculous! I have searched and read and searched some more!!! WHERE DO I GET KUNENA 1.5 COMPONENT INSTALL SO I CAN GET THIS DONE?!!! I've read how helpful support is suppose to be here but I have been waiting for 4 days to get this conversion sorted out which is impossible to do without some direction! Documentation, links to the download files come on give me a clue!
More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by lancerus
Click on Download (above) - scroll to the bottom, Kunena 1.5 is listed there.
More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
See my answer to your K 1.5 question, Winblue2. We have to deal with that part of the problem, first. :)
More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by lagen
I can't find any migration tools.

is there anyway for me to migrate to kunena from Agora 3?
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #8 by Jiminimonka

lagen wrote: I can't find any migration tools.

is there anyway for me to migrate to kunena from Agora 3?

Have a look here - www.kunena.org/forum/index/191-Kunena-Forum-Importer-C

and the first topic there www.kunena.org/forum/191-Kunena-Forum-Im...ownloads-page#105799

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.
More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
This topic was created at the time when K 1.6.3 was current (and the Kunena Forum Importer component had not been built). This is not the current situation. K 1.6.3 is no longer the current version of Kunena and it is no longer a supported version of Kunena.

Information on how to import from Agora to Kunena is written elsewhere on the forum - in the Kunena Forum Importer (C) category, for example.

This is an old topic that should have closed a long time ago. It is now closed.
Time to create page: 0.929 seconds