Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question loss of posts when upgrading to 1.6.3

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by cornishcharlie
Hi Guys, I could do with a bit of urgent assistance here.
I have Joomla 1.5.22 installed, and I think I had Kunena 1.61 installed. ( i carried out an update in december last year )
Yesterday I wanted to update to the latest version.1.63
I took a backup before the update.
During the update I was warned that it had detected files from an earlier database 1.5.12 (i think) and would I like to transfer over the data. I assumed (mother of all f*** ups) that it was referring my current installation , and clicked to transfer the database.

The installation continued and I thought successful.
When I checked further I discovered that I had lost the last 2 months posts, The posts that had been made after my previous update.

Why did it not see the database of my current installation? If I was already running 1.6.1 why did it offer me the 1.5.12 database ?
Can anyone advise me what to do now. I have never had to restore a backup of the site, and have contacted my hosting company for assistance ( joomlawired.com ) .

Hopefully they will restore the site to its original 1.6.1 state, but I still do not know exactly what I should have done

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by cornishcharlie. Reason: more explanation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by cornishcharlie
Can anyone assist at all?

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

If the kunena installer detects kunena 1.5.12, it's that you have tables jos_fb_* in your database

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cornishcharlie

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by cornishcharlie

xillibit wrote: Hello,

If the kunena installer detects kunena 1.5.12, it's that you have tables jos_fb_* in your database

Hi Xillibit, many thanks for the reply, please forgive my ignorance but I do not understand exactly how the database works.

when I have 1.61 already installed, should I still have tables jos_fb_* in my database?

If not, why would they still be there, and how can I remove them .

by removing them, do I cause more problems?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by Hurr1c4n3
1 - First thing you have to do is restore your site from the backup you made!
2 - Then backup the whole database and site just in case you delete something you didn't want to delete. (Use akeeba backup www.akeebabackup.com/ )
3 - Delete the jos_fb_* tables.
4 - Install the new K1.6.3 version.

You can turn 3 and 4 arround if you like.

The jos_fb_* tables are in your database because you update from K1.5 to K1.6 early on. These tables are still there because of backup. I thought I read somewhere that they will be deleted when Kunena 2.0 is installed. You can savely delete them from the database yourself. If you do, you won't be able to go back to K1.5, but why would you when you have K1.6 installed right. Kunena uses it own tables in the database now from K1.6

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by cornishcharlie
Both of you guys, thank you very much, I;m still waiting on joomlawired to assist with restoring the backup, (its a weekend) as soon as I have it restored I will carry out the instructions and let you know.

once again, many thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by Matias
I think that removal of the backup option from k1.5 was just forgotten to add once we released 1.6.1. I added a tracker to hide the option once you've successfully installed K1.6 earlier.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Good idea, Matias.

We discussed this general problem - why some people seem to "mysteriously" lose messages when upgrading - in Seem to have mysteriously lost some messages during upgrade to K 1.6

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by cornishcharlie
Yes Sozzled, this is exactly what I did. I knew my version was not the most up to date, because a new stats bolt on would not run, and prompted me to upgrade. I was a little suprised as I had only upgraded two months before, but I am always keen to try to keep up to date.
When I carried out the update, it prompted about the 1.5 database being present and would I like to use that. Well if I had been asked at the time, what version I actually had installed, I could not have honestly said ( looking back I see it was 1.6.1 ). So I thought it was prompting me to transfer my currecnt database, not an old one.

I'm hoping my backup will put everything right, I'm still waiting to hear from joomlawired ( my host ) but they dont work weekends :(

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by cornishcharlie
Just an update, Jomlawired.com emailed first thing monday morning, and restored my backup in minutes, free of charge. How glad am I to be with a joomla host.
I proceeded with the 1.6.3 update, this time hitting the big green button, and it went as smooth as the word mellifluous, no loss of posts .

Many thanks again guys

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds