Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Menu not showing after upgrading

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I had this problem the other day and I can't remember how I fixed it. Anyway, I just upgraded to the latest version of 1.6 and the forum menu has now disappeared. I have tried creating it again and clearing my history but it still will not show.

www.g0vqy.co.uk/forum

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi,

delete all existing menu to kunena (Forum in Main Menu, Kunena Menu and all modules with kunena menu) and clear Menu Trash, then go to Kunena Control Panel and click to "Create Menu" icon.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
Thanks

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Oscarfishlover
Still cannot get it to show

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by @quila
Check if module "Kunena Menu" exist and is published in position "kunena_menu"

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
I would just like to make a couple of observations here.

Some people - possibly a lot of people - are going to encounter this "missing Kunena menu" situation, over and over again. It's not the kind of frequently asked question that we'd like to have, but I think it's going to be a subject that will be frequently discussed. And the fact that it will be so frequently discussed will create a new mythology, a new folklore about Kunena. I have often seen users write "I would have upgraded Kunena but I heard such-and-such about the new version." Do you understand the point that I'm trying to make?

For every story that we're going to hear about users having problems with the Kunena menu, there will be a dozen untold stories from other people who have not had these problems. So, let me be the first to tell you of mine:

I just upgraded from K 1.6 BETA 2 to K 1.6 RC1 and my Kunena menu was not affected in any way. Complete success!

I'm not saying that oscarfishlover (or others) do not have a genuine problem. Of course they do. Although the most urgent issue, as far as users is concerned, is to get their forums up-and-running again as soon as possible after upgrading, the most important issue is to find out what's causing the problem in the first place. We need to know this so that users will have the confidence in knowing they they won't have to do all of this all over again the next time that they upgrade!

Therefore, let us explore the likely causes of the "missing menu syndrome". The number one cause is when you uninistall Kunena and then re-install Kunena. The number two cause is when you downgrade to a previous version of Kunena.

If you had K 1.5.x running and you upgrade to K 1.6 then you shouldn't have this problem (as long as you haven't disabled Mootools).

If you already have K 1.6 running and you upgrade to K 1.6 RC1 then, similarly, you shouldn't have this problem, either.

The problem may only be confined to people who are upgrading from an early development version of K 1.6. I don't know.

After we've got this problem fixed I think we need to figure out what caused the problem in the first place. I don't believe in myths and legends - there is a scientific basis to most things - but I do believe in the influence that folklore has over people's lives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by Oscarfishlover
I am finding that the problem only happens if you actually upgrade without uninstalling the previous version. If you uninstall the old version and then install the updated version then I am finding the problem doesn't happen & the menu appears perfectly okay. So it's looking like it's a problem with the upgrade function, rather than just installing it.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by Oscarfishlover
Exactly the same thing is happening on another website

www.torbayads4free.co.uk/community

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by @quila
Hi,

can you provide admin acces to this site than I can check and test what happen. Thank you.
You can use confidential tag here.

Regards

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
I am finding that the menu is showing when I first arrived at the forum. However, when I enter any forum, it is not visible at the top of the page

www.g0vqy.co.uk/forum

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds