Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena with SSL

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by rocknraj
Kunena with SSL was created by rocknraj
I set up a site with Joomla! 1.5 and Kuneena 1.7.2. I was then asked to put it all on SSL. Easy enough. I set the Joomla! system config to Force SSL -> true. Kuneena is still trying to load css and scripts from http://website.com/path/to/plugin/kunena/css/etc. Again, not a big deal, except in some browsers there is a prompt about insecure content, and the design breaks until the "insecure" content is accepted. It stays broke if insecure content not accepted. I think a lot of user won't totally understand and reject the "insecure" content, leaving the forum pages in a complete mess. Javascripts are loading the same way, so this issue could also affect functionality. Please let me know how we can fix this or if I (hope not!) have missed a config setting. Thanks.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled | htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : html5 | author: Custom Template Author | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: August 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.2

PS - The rest of the site is on https. Using .htaccess, all requests are redirected to https. Everything else about Kunena is working.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by rocknraj
Replied by rocknraj on topic Kunena with SSL
Close.

Missed a couple Joomla configs, but now fixed it. Thanks!

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena with SSL
G'day, rocknraj, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your question and for letting us know that you're resolved your problems. I am sure that there are hundreds of people in the Kunena community who would love to know how to setup Kunena with SSL if they only had the instruction guide. As we all know, using HTTPS is a bit tricky and it's not for the novice.

If you have the time, and if you could, perhaps, summarise the key points that people need to keep in mind when using SSL in Joomla (particularly with Kunena) I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would appreciate learning from the master! Thanks.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Kunena with SSL
This will be even easier in Kunena 2.0, which uses mostly relative URLs -- and doesn't even need those Joomla configuration settings.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds