Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Old 1.0.6 to new site with 1.7?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by llvllatthews
So I have this old website thats been up for a few years HomieHouse and it has the old version of kunena 1.0.6. I have since been working on a new site and have moved all my users to it, as well as all the other joomla extensions. What I am having trouble with, is moving all the post and cata's from that old forum to the new site, with the new version. I have tried to just change the names on the tables in the database to match but something goes wrong in the admin panel and after I make the change. I can not edit any of the old catagories that were moved over to the new site. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What Joomla! version are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: K 1.0.7b to K 1.7.2
G'day, llvllatthews, and welcome to Kunena. There was no K 1.0.6: your site is running K 1.0.7b (the first public release of Kunena) on a Joomla 1.5.x website.

Yes, you can upgrade from K 1.0.7b to K 1.7.2 fairly easily! :woohoo: I would ask you to read what I wrote yesterday in General information request: upgrading from K 1.6 to K 1.7 . The principle is the same. You need to do some research, upgrade Joomla to J! 1.5.25 - although you will probably be able to get away with using J! 1.5.23 - and other software that you might be using on your site if it could interfere.

If you were running J! 1.0.7b you would have needed to use J! 1.5 running in "legacy mode" . You do not need legacy mode for K 1.7.2. You should disable legacy mode if you do not have any other J! 1.0 extensions on your site. You should disable legacy mode, anyway! You should not be running J! 1.0 extensions on J! 1.5.

To help you, we have written K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide . That is where you need to start. The preparation work may take you a couple of hours; the actual upgrade procedure will probably only take a minute. If you want to make customised colour changes after that - well, who knows how long those things take? it depends on what you want to change and whether it's really necessary to change anything at all?

llvllatthews wrote:

What I am having trouble with, is moving all the post and cats from that old forum to the new site, with the new version.

Now that is an entirely different issue from upgrading! What version of Joomla are you using on new site - I assume that the new site is different from the original one that I looked at - where you are trying to copy your old forum data?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by llvllatthews
The new site is joomla 1.5.25 and the Kunena version is 1.7.1 I have not been able to move any of the posts and catagories to my new site which is located at last.co.in

The old site states K 1.0.6 at the botom of the kunena component in the admin panel of my old sites joomla instalation. which is at www.HomieHouse.com (I assume that K 1.0.6 is the same as K 1.0.7b I musta dloaded the beta or something who knows, I didnt know anything about joomla or any other cms at the time I put the site together)

I have tried to just import the database data from the old forum to the new forum but as you probably know the names of the tables have changed since the old version ( from jos_fb_ to jos_kunena_) I also tried to just change the names of the tables to match the new version. The catagories show up and the posts show up but not for all users and when I try to edit the catagories in the admin panel the new catagories that I imported from the old tables dont show up.

I am pretty sure I should have stayed up on the upgrading of the old version so just let me know if im hosed and have to start over lol

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
You should be aware that there are many differences between K 1.0.7b and K 1.7.2. It is not just that the database tables have different names, they are basically different. They are internally differently structured. Therefore, if you only renamed the K 1.0.7b tables and expected them to work with K 1.7.2 (or K 1.5, or K 1.6 for that matter) I am sorry to disappoint you but that approach will not work.

This is the general approach that I would recommend you take:

(1) Make a copy of the original, working "HomieHouse.com" website. Install this copy somewhere on your webserver and make sure that you can login and administer this "copy site".

(2) Upgrade to J! 1.5.23 (at least) or J! 1.5.25 if possible on this copy; take a backup of the upgraded "copy site" in case the next step fails.

(3) Upgrade to K 1.7.2 on this copy - read first K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide .

(4) Now you should be able to export all the users and the upgraded Kunena tables from the upgraded "copy site" to your new permanent site. A list of the tables that you need to move is in msg #4 of [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by llvllatthews
OMG heros all of you.
  1. I upgraded my old sites Kunena version to K 1.5 cuz my php version and MySQL were really old then exported the database jos_fb tables

2. Added those tables to my new database

3. Installed Kunena 1.7 to my new site that I added the jos_fb tables to in the database

4. Before it installed it asked me if I wanted to merge my 1.0.6 version of the site, I said yes and it moved the categories and text into the new version of Kunena!!!

Bloody amazing forum system you all have here I truly could not live without it

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds