Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Unable to find install package

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by hugosnel
I have seen some posts on this topic but found no solution.
Fresh Joomla 1.7 installed. K 1.7 downloaded.
I just want to install K1.7 : "Unable to find install package" <<-- error message
Same message on install url as on istall from local downloaded file!

Also I would like to know if and how it is possible to istall to subdomain and integrate in maindomain:

maindomain verjus.org
subdomain forum.verjus.org g
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by hugosnel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by hugosnel
As I have now found out, a common issue.
Solution try adjusting your FTP settings directly in your configuration.php file.

I hope this helps someone else!

As to Miss Vicky

Symptoms:

Joomla 1.5 fresh install was working fine and was able to install and uninstall mods, extensions templates, etc. just fine. After a few days of set up, modifying my templates and adjusting my Global Settings, I was not able to upload any modules, extensions, templates, etc. and continuously received the 'Unable to Find Install Package'. This was not a legacy issue.

The Solution:

During my setup, I had enabled my FTP but later turned it off in my Global Settings. However, what I discovered was that my FTP was not actually 'turning off'. When I would deactivate it, and save my settings, the next time that I logged into my Global Settings, it would be back on. To resolve this, I went directly into my configuration.php file and manually adjusted the FTP settings.

var $ftp_enable = '0';
var $ftp_host = '';
var $ftp_port = '';
var $ftp_user = '';
var $ftp_pass = '';
var $ftp_root = '';

So, in short -- try adjusting your FTP settings directly in your configuration.php file.

I hope this helps someone else!

Miss Vicky
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by CheechDogg
Interesting find hugosnel, I have had this issue happen to me a few times, but if I remember correctly it was due to no unzipping the zipped package on either a bundle or template.

But this is a really good find like I said, hopefully this will help others who might be having the same issue. Thanks for posting this!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks. An even simpler approach (one that does not involve FTP) is to use the installation method described in K 1.6 and K 1.7 Installation and Upgrade .

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by hugosnel
I usually mark my forum demands as solved with the answere found. It is a correct practise to help others advance.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds