Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Error - Installation stopped. Need which dir to chmod 777.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by jthunder
Attached shows where it stopped. I can not seem to find which dir to chmod to 777. I think its not able to write in those directories. Is there a place in Kunena 1.7.1 to find whic directories to chmod?

Thanks,
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jthunder. Reason: attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
You should never CHMOD any directory to 777. Please read Securing Kunena ; the recommended permissions given in that article should be used with all folders/directories.

General information about installing K 1.7.1: read K 1.6 & K 1.7 Installation Guide .
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by jthunder
All I need to know is why it did not install from there and what I need to do. Its not in the installation documentation whats wrong with it. Nevermind the securing for now. I need to get it going. What is wrong with it??

Chmod it to 777 will allow it to write then I will put all them back to 755 when kunena finishes, but this thing will not go thru.

What is wrong??
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jthunder.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
We recommend that people have a standard approach to the way that they set file/folder permissions. All files and folders in a Joomla installation should be set the same way. If different permissions are used on files and folders then some Joomla extensions - like Kunena, for example - may not properly install. The article Securing Kunena describes what you should do. If you are using Joomla on an Apache server, you should also make sure that all files/folders are owned by Apache:Apache - that might be something you need to organise through you web host provider.

That's about all I can tell you as far as file/folder permissions are concerned. I don't really know why you're having these difficulties but, if you start with a standard Joomla setup (in the ways we have discussed in this topic) then the Kunena installation should work without problems.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by jthunder
I am running on local OSX Lion Server.

All I need to know is what file directories are affected by Kunena 1.7.x (j1.7.x) installation. There seem to have no information in that documentation anywhere. I can manage to reorganize later and put it in correct file permissions based on Joomla standards. For now, is is even possible to find out which files directories are affected during install so I can manually allow it for now.

I never had any problems on any extensions on j1.7 that I have during installs. Only Kunena is giving me this error and did not finish.

thank you.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by Matias
Kunena is only installing files into normal Joomla locations:
/components
/media
/modules
/plugins
/languages
and the same list for administrator.

But if installation seems to stop, the issue is probably buggy browser, which breaks on redirects to the same address.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #7 by jthunder
FIXED AND FIXED... THANKS.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by jthunder.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8 by jthunder
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by jthunder.

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds