Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important moved a working Joomla site from my test server to the live server on the internet,Kunena now broke

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by deepmillfarm
Hi,
I got my Joomla site all working with Kunena and CB and other extensions (all the latest 1.,7x)
I've backed it up and moved it to a server on the internet.
everything is working except the Kunena forum - it comes up with the following error:
500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!
Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.who.class.php on line 215
The error was detected in the Kunena Component.
For support click here: Kunena Support
I have used your package to un-install and re-install but I still get the same error.

Below is the content of the report configuration settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 20M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : 7degrv1 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-12-31

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

the URL is www.spinningmoon.com the forum is available if you log on as username: english, password:123456

thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
Hi,
increase your php memory to min 32mb. you have now 20mb

regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepmillfarm

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by deepmillfarm

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by deepmillfarm
I checked out my control panel on my domain and it turned out it needed an upgrade, which was manual... I pressed a few free upgrade buttons and hey presto its all working.

THanks again got the advice. spot on.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
This case serves as a good example to warn people about the dangers of developing their website in one environment (e.g. WAMP or XAMPP) where it won't be used, and then transferring the site to the environment where it will be used in live operation. Developing a site in a local, quarantined environment may identify proof-of-concept issues but it is no substitute for the real thing. It is commonly-accepted practice among experienced web developers that, if you want to test something properly, you should have a test environment on the same hosted platform as where you will later deploy the production website.

Local, quarantined websites, like those run on WAMP, MAMP, XAMPP, etc., prove nothing more than an idea may or may not work. If you build a website on a local, quarantined site you only establish the possibility of an idea; you do not establish the probability of that idea's success. Therefore, when I read topics with the subject "I moved a working Joomla site from my test server to the live server on the internet and now Kunena is broken," I don't find anything surprising in those things at all. We've covered this same territory several hundred times before on this small forum. No matter how many times we say it , people still go about their web development activities on local, quarantined environments and expect that things won't change when they move the operation elsewhere.

I'm pleased to see that the problem was fixed. I also hope there are lessons to be learnt by others who read this topic in the future.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds