Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Trouble upgrading to 1.7.1

More
12 years 4 months ago #11 by sozzled
I'm just explaining what Matias meant, that's all. I don't think Matias was referring, in any way, to your database.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by Matias
I just found where the error message was in the code, and the only place was when Joomla failed to write file into the disk. So it was file permission issue in Joomla installer, not in Kunena. I have no idea of what was the file..

More
12 years 4 months ago #13 by asajay
I don't understand. I only got the error message when I ran the Kunena portion of the install -after- uploading using the extension manager install. (Please note that Joomla had already been installed and I made no attempts to re-install Joomla or change any file permissions). So you are saying during the install of Kunena, something tells Joomla to write a file to disk and that's what failed?

Is there something during the Kunena "upgrade" path that causes Joomla to write a file to the disk versus it doesn't during an "install?" I ask because after I removed Kunena and did a fresh install (just Kunena, not any other Joomla files) I didn't get the same error.

Perhaps wiping out the old Kunena install, also wiped whatever file had the bad permission?

Still seems weird to me. But it's all working after uninstalling and re-installing Kunena from scratch.

Thanks

More
12 years 4 months ago #14 by Matias
Kunena calls Joomla installer for its system plugin and all the languages.

Maybe some of those files didn't have the right permissions. Uninstalling usually fixes the issue as JFile::delete() is smart enough to change file permissions in case it was write protected. So you're right -- the file with wrong permissions was wiped out during uninstall.

More
12 years 4 months ago #15 by asajay
That makes sense. Thank you for taking a more in-depth look.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds