Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Unable to write entry error

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by msargenttrue
When attempting to do a fresh install of Kunena 1.7 on my Joomla 1.5.9 test site ( ) I get the error message: Unable to write entry

In order to (try to) rule out permissions issues I have set one of the test versions of the site to 777 throughout and this didn't seem to make any difference.

All minimum php requirements have been met on the server.

I am at a loss to what is causing this issue…

If it makes any difference this site is also running the following extensions:
Community Builder 1.2, CB Paid Subscriptions 1.0.3 and CB Mailing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Unable to write entry error
hello,
you need :

PHP 5.2.3+ or 5.3.0+
MySQL 5.0.3+ or 5.1.0+ or 5.5.0+
Joomla 1.5.23, 1.6.4+ or 1.7.0+

So please update joomla to 1.5.24

regards 810

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
Yes, I agree with 810. Also you should read K 1.6 & K 1.7 Installation Guide and the K 1.7 release notes.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Delphi32
Same here when upgrading K1.6RC3 to 1.7. I checked Joomla version (1.5.24), PHP version (5.2.13), MySQL version (5.0.67), file permissions as per the installation guide, but the error does not go away. The installer reports a successful installation (except for this error), according to the K!Config the forum should be online, but when I access the forum I get 'offline for maintenance' message.

Any clues on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, Delphi32, and welcome to Kunena.

In your case the advice is the similar (although not exactly the same): please study carefully the K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide and look carefully at the technical requirements link in that guide.

If you have a "Forum is offline for maintenance" message, either the upgrade was unsuccessful or you just need to put the forum back online again. The configuation setting to put your forum back online is Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Forum Offline = No

If, however, the installation was unsuccessful, turning the forum back online may not be much use to you. You may need to try the upgrade again. See the upgrade guide for further information. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by msargenttrue
Problem Solved. It was the Joomla version that was preventing the install for me. Funny that I misinterpreted version 1.5.24 as 1.5.2.4 when I was comparing it to my 1.5.9.

After Installing Joomla Tools Core and wrestling with the ftp layer and permissions for a bit I was able to successfully upgrade to 1.5.24. After that I tried the Kunena Forum install and it worked right away. Thanks!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by Delphi32
Hi sozzled,
I just realized that my previous post was the first I made on this forum! Sorry for not introducing myself.

sozzled wrote: please study carefully the K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide and look carefully at the technical requirements link in that guide.

Done. Everything seems to be at or above the minimum version.

If you have a "Forum is offline for maintenance" message, either the upgrade was unsuccessful or you just need to put the forum back online again.

What happens is this: I install Kunena via normal Joomla! installation procedure. Then the page 'Forum has been taken down, please choose what to do' appears. I click on Reinstall. Then the installer runs, I get a red bar telling me 'unable to write entry' but also a blue bar 'installation was succesful'. All messages in the installer log say 'OK' in neat green letters. I can click on Finish installation and then the forum config tells me the forum is online.
See attachments (in Dutch, by the way).

Retrying the upgrade is of no use, it just gives me the same situation... very reproducible, I might say ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Delphi32.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by Delphi32
Right, I got the site up and running again at last. The only thing that helped was enabling the FTP layer in Joomla. Had to reset the ownership of some files/dirs too, but that's part of the game.

Does the installer perhaps depend on the Joomla FTP layer? If so, it would be wise to include a message about this in the release notes.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
Kunena installation does not require the FTP layer to be enabled.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds