Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question After Kunena 1.6.5 upgrade from Kunena 1.5.12 - I have Fireboard tables that need to be converted

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by soccrdad30
In my test site, I have Joomla 1.5.23, Community Builder 1.3, and Kunena 1.5.12. I wanted to update Kunena to 1.6.5, which it did with no errors and no problems with one exception. My forum data spans 4 years, and the recent 11 months data somehow was stored in Fireboard tables.

How can I transfer the FB table data into Kunena 1.6.5?

Thank you for your help.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I don't understand exactly your issue, you need to know that Kunena 1.5 name tables like fireboard (jos_fb_*)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
If you upgrade from K 1.5.12 to K 1.6.5 then your old forum is converted. The old jos_fb_* tables will remain in your database (in case you want to go back to K 1.5.12) but, if you don't want to go back to that older version, you can safely drop those tables. This question has been asked and answered before (see phpBB3 to Kunena - What to do with the old jos_fb tables? , for example).

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by soccrdad30
Yes, I know what you are saying, but it did not happen.

Link to live forums: www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?option...tmenu=144&Itemid=142

Link to sandbox: www.mow.zcentralstation.com/index.php?op...tmenu=194&Itemid=192

I keyed in two new topics, and those are saved in Kunena tables. Notice a 11 month gap of data. And when I go in EasySQL into Fireboard Messages, those 'lost' messages are in there. And so are new categories that I added a few months ago.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Sounds like you went back to K 1.5.12. I don't know. It would help if you read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? and posted yours.

The main issue for you is what do you see when you go to your Kunena frontend? If you upgraded correctly, new messages will appear in jos_kunena_messages table; they will not correspondingly appear in jos_fb_messages table. That's the difference. ;)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
This happens if you have installed Kunena 1.6 earlier but later went back to Kunena 1.5 without following the instructions. :)

This is what you should do:
1) Give latest Kunena 1.6 package to Joomla installer
2) When you see Kunena options, choose the red one (uninstall / restore backup)
3) Install latest version again, choose yellow one (migrate K1.5)

This will destroy all Kunena 1.6 data and allows you to import data from Kunena 1.5 once again.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by soccrdad30
Matias, it worked! Thank you for the instructions, my test site Kunena forums has all of the data. Now I need to do further testing before implementing the upgrades on my live site. And I can also remove the FB tables now.

History: :blush: Back about 11 months ago, I did try to upgrade to Kunena forums from Fireboard, but had many issues, and that is when I went and installed 1.5.12. This is probably why all of the recent postings were stored in Fireboard because I did not totally follow instructions.

Thank you very much for your help.

John

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by Matias
We are just about to release Kunena 1.7.0 (98% compatible with K1.6.5 and direct update from it). It has some advanced ACL features, improved subscription emailing, build-in captcha and more.. :)

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds