Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Blank Page & Menu Disappear

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by Wiz
I make a fresh installation of joomla 1.7. I install Kunena 1.6.5 but only a blank page came out...so i hit the backpage button, refresh the page, and repeat the same step...still blank page...I repeat the same step again and I notice that 1 components menu disappear each time i repeat the step :ohmy: ...see my attach file... :pinch:

Joomla 1.7
Kunena 1.6.5 B)

Kunena always the best!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by Wiz
Replied by Wiz on topic Re: Blank Page & Menu Disappear
no different...i've try it...still the same...and i still don't know why the menu for component is disappear...and i don't know how to get it back... :pinch:

Kunena always the best!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Your image shows that you were trying to install by one of the first two installation options (either the Upload Package File method or the Install From Directory method). The K 1.6 Installation Guide recommends that you use the third method.

How truly "fresh" is your J! 1.7 site? Do you mean that the only things you've installed are J! 1.7 and K 1.6.5 and nothing else? I'm still trying to understand what you mean by "only a blank page came out". Enable Joomla debug mode to see if there is more information than just a "blank page". That's what I would do if I was in your current situation. If this was just a "fresh" installation of J! 1.7 - and Kunena didn't work - then I would start again. Read the K 1.6 Technical Requirements , make sure that my hosting platform met those requirements, and start the whole site construction process again. In less than one hour you can install J! 1.7, Akeeba Backup, K 1.6.5 and your forum should be immediately ready to use.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by Wiz
Replied by Wiz on topic Re: Blank Page & Menu Disappear
Ok...i've try few fresh installation...it's not a problem with kunena i guess...the one with the problem is an installation from a quickstart file from gavick template. :pinch: :silly:

Kunena always the best!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Fresh install? Really??
:D I wrote a topic called Which came first? The template or the forum?

This looks like a case of which came first: the template or Joomla! :ohmy:
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by Matias
Looks like Joomla bug to me.

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Gavick forum has help for people who use the Gavick Quickstart program.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds