Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrading Kunena 1.5.x to 1.6.23 lost database

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by juncloudy
Hi folks,
I've trying to upgrade my kunena version and followed this steps docs.kunena.org/index.php/K_1.6_Upgrade_Guide . Ive just use the upgrade green button but why still my database lost?

Categories,post are now gone,

Please shed some light. :(

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by juncloudy
just realized that green button really messed out my database..
Im already in this page [see attached file]. just wanna make sure the button i should press?
to remain my forum post.
Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

Kunena installer doesn't destroy database, i advise you to install k1.6.5. Why do you said that you have lost categories, posts ?

I think that the kunena installer has been stuck somewhere and your forum has been set offline, so you think that you have lost something.

Do you meet technical requierements : docs.kunena.org/index.php/K_1.6_Technical_Requirements ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juncloudy

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by Hurr1c4n3
I think he pushed the green button instead of the yellow one. Press the yellow button if you upgrade from K1.5 -> K1.6.x

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
The documentation is very clear. If you are upgrading from an older version of Kunena (K 1.5.x in this case) there are two choices: a green button choice and a yellow button choice. The documentation says "use the yellow button". If you use the green button you will create a forum with sample data (but the original K 1.5 forum data is still there).

So you haven't really lost the database at all! :)
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by juncloudy
Got it,
Thanks you so much guys.

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds