Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrade from 1.5.12 to 1.6 went ok, but get Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by Syphon
Hi,

Really hope someone can help.

I've upgraded 1.5.12 to 1.6 and the process went through with no errors. Now when I try to access the forum from the front end I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found in public_html/dev/components/com_kunena/kunena.php on line 40

I have to revert back to a previous 1.5* version to get it to work again. :(

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Syphon, and welcome to Kunena. What version of Kunena were you trying to install?

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by Syphon

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by xillibit
What Joomla! version are-you using ?

Maybe your kunena installation has failed in some ways

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by Syphon
Hi. I upgraded to 1.5.23 and the kunena install went through ok with no errors reported on the installation screen.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Our understanding of this problem is that matters arise as a consequence of Joomla issues which, in turn, result in the Kunena installer silently ignoring files that it has no write access to. Therefore, if the file api.php is set to read-only, when the installer tries to ugrade it, the action fails without notice. The easiest way around the problem is to uninistall Kunena and check that the directories are gone and then re-install K 1.6 again (please see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide for further information). In this case, uninstalling Kunena is the right thing to do but you should also know that uninistalling Kunena will not affect the database or any messages posted by K 1.5.12.

Even so ... make sure that you have a reliable backup of your site before you start this process.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by Syphon
Hi, thanks very much for your reply.

So I should try manually deleting some directories on the server after uninstalling Kunena?

Apart from components > com_kunena is there anything else?

If it protects the posts etc. I presume these are all saved in the database and thus not affected as you say?

Ta (I'm pretty new to Joomla as you can probably tell!)

More
12 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Take a site backup first. Uninstall Kunena. Check that the folders and files in ../administrator/components/com_kunena and ../components/kunena have been removed (yes, you may need to manually delete some of these if the uninstall did not automatically remove them). Check the folder file permission on your site (see Securing Kunena ) then install K 1.6.4 again. This should perform a migration/conversion of your K 1.5.12 database. It should work without the loss of any data.

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by Syphon
Cool I'll give that a go and report back tomorrow. Thank you. Off to bed as it's late and I shouldn't be messing with this sort of stuff when I'm tired!

Cheers. :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #10 by Syphon
Hi,

I just wanted to say I finally got round to taking a fresh backup. Upgrading joomla and then the Kunena and all went smoothly. I'm now all sorted.

Thanks for your help. :)

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds