Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Posts Not Showing In Forums

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by AndyInSpain
Hi All,

I'm doing a site rewrite. I've installed K1.6.4 under a fresh installation of Joomla 1.5.23.

I have imported all the Kunena tables from an older version of my website. This was running K1.6.2 under J1.5.23.

After the import I was notified about the necessity for a database upgrade, which completed without errors.

All appeared to be well. All topic and post counts are showing up correctly in both the back end and front end statistics.

But...when I enter a forum from the front end of the site, I see "There are no posts in this forum." This happens in all forums. It looks like the posts are not matching the categories (that's a guess) but the category table has imported without problems.

I'm sure this is something really simple to rectify. I've recounted the statistics but no change.

Does anybody have any ideas what I've missed?

Many thanks for any help

Andy.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 4.2.0 | creationdate: 06/22/2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by AndyInSpain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you please descrive exactly how you have proceed to make the upgrade ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyInSpain

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by AndyInSpain
Hi xillibit,

Many thanks for your reply.

I first installed K1.64 under J1.5.23. I then copied all the Kunena tables from my K1.62 installation to my new K1.64 installation, overwriting the existing 1.64 tables. Then, in the 1.64 installation I received a notification that the tables needed to be upgraded because of database design changes. I proceeded with this and the operation completed without error.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Kind regards and thanks again

Andy.

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I suggest that you reapply the K 1.6.4 upgrade to your copied tables. See K 1.6 Upgrade Guide for further information on how to do this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyInSpain

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by AndyInSpain
Many thanks Sozzled. I shall try that. Here's hoping!

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by AndyInSpain
OK, I tried that and although the installation seems to have completed OK there has been no change, i.e. posts are still not visible in forums. Is there anything else I can try? Is it possible there is a table I omitted to copy over which might be causing this problem?

Many thanks

Andy.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
Let's review the question: As a guest, I see all the categories and all the messages posted in those categories.

AndyInSpain wrote:

... when I enter a forum from the front end of the site, I see "There are no posts in this forum." This happens in all forums. It looks like the posts are not matching the categories (that's a guess) but the category table has imported without problems.

Are we saying that you cannot see the same things (as I see them) when you login to your site? Is that the question?

More
12 years 9 months ago #8 by AndyInSpain
Hi Sozzled,

I think perhaps you are looking at the live version of Science File, rather than the new version I am developing and which has the problem. Below you will find the new address and instructions. Many thanks.

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by AndyInSpain
Hi Sozzled and Xillibit,

Please don't spend any more time on this problem. I completely removed Kunena 1.64, reinstalled the component, migrated the tables over again, performed the upgrade and this time everything is fine. So I don't know what happened before, but no matter - if it works then that's good enough for me!

Many thanks, both of you, for you help, as always.

Take care and best wishes

Andy.

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds