Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Joomla 1.5.22 and kunena 1.6.1 JFolder::create: Could not create directory

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by Inzane
Okay - I spend hours now searching for an answer but simply can't find a solution for it.

I used to run joomla 1.5.15 and kunena 1.5 and been so the past year without any issues. I bought a new domain and been trying with a clean installation of Joomla 1.5.22, allowed it to update Mootools and tested everything was working. After this I installed kunena 1.6.1 - and it went smooth with no problems. No matter what I tried so far I keep getting this error:

JFolder::create: Could not create directory

I search arround for some time to see what was wrong, and a lot of people said it was permissions - so I started from an end to give 777 permissions to everything - and ended out with every single file and folder on my ftp to have this permission and still the same error.

I decided I had to have done something wrong, so I removed everything and started over again. Now Im sitting with a fresh installation of joomla 1.5.22 and Kunena 1.6.1 - with everything on standard and mootols allowed to update - and same problem.

In my search for an answer I really wonder why there are no list telling you excatly what you need to give permissions for it to work.

What am I doing wrong? - my site: www.Qleap.eu/joomla
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Inzane.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Look here : help.ubuntu.com/community/Joomla#Configure%20Access%20Rights , you need to change the membership of files on your server. If you have a shared hosting, you can ask to your host if ut can do it for you.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by Inzane
I'll admit I have no clue what you are saying to me.

change the membership of files on your server

MMkhay... files....Can't seem to find any answers in your link either - will ask my host! Just wondering why this is suddently so hard to get working, got joomla 1.5.20 and Kunena 1.5 working on 4 sides, never had a problem....

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by Inzane
My host have been looking into it and corrected all current settings, they can't see the problem so they asking me if I know what folder and where Kunena want to place it. Any help on this matter - since all permissions is back to original now!

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by Case-Berlin
All files are now in the media folder and not in images folder!

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by Gamekeeper
I had this problem and solved it by changing to CHMOD 777 /media/kunena/avatars and all sub folders, gallery, resized and users

More
13 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
We do not recommend CHMOD 777 for files or folders. See Securing Kunena .
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by fxstein
Permissions issues are hard to remote diagnose. If Joomla complains that it cannot create a folder or write a file, we know one thing for sure: it is definitely a permissions issue on that server.

Never should a permissions problem be solved by removing permissions with chmod 777.

To start I recommend you run
Code:
ls -la
Inside your joomla main directory. Take a screen shot of the output and post it in here - preferably inside confidential become tags so only we can see it.

In addition please go to the Joomla backend and also take a screenshoot of the Joomla directory permissions screen.

That should give us an idea how your system permissions are setup.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by Gamekeeper
My hosts have now installed suPHP which allows me to set CHMOD to recommended values

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds