Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Copy failed JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy - Errors

More
15 years 4 months ago #96294 by Carnster
Hello,

Every time I try to upgrade I get this error:
Copy failed
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy

on various files.

I have been going in and manually changing the permissions of each file that errors but I am past 10 files now and it is getting old and I am wondering if there is an easier way or is some setting messed up.

Running Linux Apache with Plesk control panel. Joomla is 1.6 which I upgrade from 1.5

ideas? Help?

Thanks
Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #96308 by xillibit
Hello,

Have-you tried to install by directory in Joomla! extensions manager ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #96359 by sozzled

Carnster wrote: Joomla is 1.6 which I upgrade from 1.5

That's something new! How did you achieve the migration? What tool did you use to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 1.6? What version of J! 1.6 are you now using?

Please read K 1.6 Installation Guide

If you get this working, this will be the first case that I've seen when someone has successfully migrated from J! 1.5 to J! 1.6. Good luck. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #96393 by Carnster

sozzled wrote: If you get this working, this will be the first case that I've seen when someone has successfully migrated from J! 1.5 to J! 1.6. Good luck. :)


Ugh Sozzled - I am just getting started on Joomla... I came in at the end of the year and saw the upgrade to 1.6 so I waited on launch. I had built a site on 1.5 and used Joomla recommended Updater... (forget name JUpdate or something)

it worked but I could tell it wasn't pretty... articles all jacked up.

My question to you is: should I just bag the whole site and start with a fresh 1.6 install? (I am wondering how established 1.5 sites are making the conversion if it is this much of a pain in the ...)

Also (not an expert) does Apache take control of file ownership and cause the errors, if so is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #96394 by sozzled
jUpdate (depends on which version you used). I know that Matias was working with the developer of jUpdate but I don't know how successful jUpdate is with every J! 1.5 extension people might have used. I'm not commenting on how successful jUpdate may be but I think there is further work that might be needed to migrate - that's the technical term - J! 1.5 -> J 1.6.

I assume that you have a backup of your J! 1.5 site. If I was in your position, I would revert to that backup and continue to use J! 1.5.x until the dust settles with J! 1.6.

I don't know about Apache taking control of file ownership. That's something you need to discuss with your webhost. This may, in fact, be the key to solving your problem.

It depends, really, on how far you got with J! 1.5 and why you need to migrate to J! 1.6. My personal recommendation is either stay with J! 1.5 or start afresh if/when you need J! 1.6. Less problems.

K 1.6.4 works well with J! 1.5 and, to an extent, with J! 1.6 ... but there are show-stoppers in Joomla that prevent many Joomla extensions totally working with J! 1.6 no matter how hard the extension developers may try. Kunena is a functionally very rich and complex Joomla extension and people may discover more problems in J! 1.6, than with other extensions, simply because it has more features than most other extensions.
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carnster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds