Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Upgrading from K 1.5.4 to K 1.6.3

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by xpozay
I performed an upgrade, in test, to 1.6.3 from 1.5.4 (my joomla is 1.5.23) and while the upgrade seemed to complete successfully, two things have happened to my site:
- the favicon has changed (strange)
- the main_menu no longer takes on my template. At first the kunena menu (forum) became the first menu in my mainmenu and my home became second. Moving these back is no problem but I cannot understand why I have lost my template on the home menu item. All other menu items display using my default template. I have changed my default template, to see if that fixes it, tried assigning a specific template to that menu item only. Check the menu parameters in both the menu manger and module manager.

Also:
- no legacy
- mootools upgrade plugin enabled

Note: If I create a new Home menu, all works OK. It is only the original Home menu that gets screwed up. Also the favicon is correct when linking to the 'new' home menu item.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, xpozay, and I'm happy for you that your upgrade was successful.

xpozay wrote:

the favicon has changed

It depends where you stored your favicon.ico file in the first place but it is quite unlikely that this file has disappeared, changed or been replaced because of upgrading Kunena.

xpozay wrote:

the main_menu no longer takes on my template

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about and I am not sure what is your problem.

Would it be possible to post your K 1.6 configuration report, please? I am sure that, if you search this site , you will have no trouble seeing how easy it is to post your configuration report. Thank you.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by xpozay
Hi sozzled, thanks for your reply.

It depends where you stored your favicon.ico file in the first place but it is quite unlikely that this file has disappeared, changed or been replaced because of upgrading Kunena.

Yes agreed. But seriously, the only thing I did was upgrade me kunena (and disable legacy mode plug-in) and at that time I only noticed the two the two "errors" / changes.

Let me try to explain the second ...

main_menu. What I mean is:
Before kunena upgrade my top menu looked like this
Home ABC DEF GHI Forum JKL MNO where home would show my content according to the template but pointing to articles/frontpage
After upgrade
Forum Home ABC DEF GHI JKL MNI
where forum is now moved to the first menu item and Home no longer uses the template.

I resolved it by created a new home pointing to articles/frontpage and deleting the old.

This is easy enough to fix, but I was just reporting it in case there was a conflict between the upgrade process and 'something'.

Now, upon further investigation, I notice: Site / Control Panel, under the component listing my kunena does not say Kunena, instead it shows com_kunena whereas under the menu item components/kunena forum like before.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : yoo_corona | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.4 | creationdate: April 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.2.206) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.0.41) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to use the kunena lastest version which works with kunena 1.6.4 : joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/14..._b289_2011-05-07.zip and upgrading by the way to 1.6.4

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by xpozay
Thanks will try the process again and report back if the same behaviour exists.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds