Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question The long and winding (but working) road from php-fusion to Joomla 1.6 with Kunena 1.6.x

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by fribse
Well, I didn't think it would be possible, as the migration part of the kunena is at a standstill.
But heureka, I actually found a working path from php-fusion v6 to kunena 1.6.3 on Joomla 1.6.
It's a hazzle, and it would be nice to have a more direct path, but it works, it moves the users (pw's are lost!) and forums. Articles are not moved over with this method, but that could be done with the move in the article '90% done' elsewhere.

Pheew, but it works, thanks to all you guys that helped me out in finding all the software here and there, even the grumpy replies I was getting when I didn't know the entire history of Kunena, and couldn't find the files via Google, helped me out.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by fribse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
fribse wrote:

# Install Jupgrade
# Execute Jupgrade and follow the path for that.
# Install Kunena again
# Export your Kunena tables
# Change the prefix in the export from jos_ to j16_ as the jupgrade uses that

I have a few more instructions in relation to this "unofficial" way to migrate from J! 1.5 -> J! 1.6 and I intend to write a Wiki article. At the moment jUpgrade is still in development (I think it's about v 1.0.1 or something like that) and it's not very reliable in converting component tables from one Joomla version to the other; that's why you have to manually intervene and rename things.

I'm glad you've got things working under J! 1.6 even though it was a bumpy, torturous path that you had to follow. I'll be sure to recommend your experience to others who are considering the same task. ;)

Cheers and good luck with your forum.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by gonzo

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by gonzo

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds