Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Important 404 - Component not found.

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by boicenet
I just installed Kunena 1.6.3. When I try to access the Forum via a menu link, I receive a 404 - Component not found error. I'm not sure why. I thought the site would work with the sample data.

I'm not sure what to check and would appreciate some advice.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, boicenet, and welcome to Kunena.

It would be good if you posted a little more information than "I just installed Kunena 1.6.3 and now it doesn't work". I assume that the installation was successful. Was it?

Perhaps we could start with your K 1.6 configuration report and go from there. :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by boicenet
Here is the report info.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : university | author: Shape5.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: July 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Your website is unavailable - there's a big notice on your site to this effect - and I don't know where to begin to advise you otherwise. In general terms, however, the "404 component not found" issue is a Joomla menu issue, not a Kunena issue. We may learn otherwise when we see your site.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by boicenet
You don't seen to understand Joomla very well. The site is not down. It's the way it is on purpose as it is under development.

I'll move on to another extension.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled

boicenet wrote: You don't seen to understand Joomla very well.

I understand Joomla fairly well - I have never claimed to be an expert - but I accept that I don't understand you very well and, in that regard, I'm happy to admit that I'm no expert.

boicenet wrote: The site is not down.

I did not state that the site was down. I stated that the site was unavailable ... well, unavailable to me, anyway. I'm sorry that you feel that my responses, in any way, lacked a willingness to assist you. I wish you well in your search for a more suitable web-based forum component.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds