Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Parse Error when installing Kunena 1.6.1

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by BenAllan
Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Kunena 1.6.1 on a fairly new and clean Joomla installation.

I am struggling with the 2Mb file upload limit, so I have FTP'd the zip file contents to a folder in the TMP directory.

When I try and install it I get the following msg.

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/ballan/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 37"

When I look at the model.php file on line 37 this is what I see.

"class KunenaModelInstall extends JModel {
/**
* Flag to indicate model state initialization.
* @var boolean
* @since 1.6
*/
protected $__state_set = false; <<=== This is line 37
protected $_req = false;
protected $_versionprefix = false;
protected $_installed = array();
protected $_versions = array();
protected $_action = false;

protected $_errormsg = null;

protected $_versiontablearray = null;
protected $_versionarray = null;
"

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone help??

Ben
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by BenAllan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi,

are you trying to install Kunena on Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 1.6?

If you have problem of file limit 2MB you can install Kunena using option "Install from URL" in Joomla Installer.

Regards

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by BenAllan
I get the exact same error when trying to install from URL as well.

It seems to half install the files - I can see in my Components menu that the Kunena menu is there, but when I click on any of the options I get this similar message.

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/ballan/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php on line 44"

I have Kunena installed on the exact same version of Joomla (1.5.2) on another server and it is working great!

Also, how do I now manually remove all the "partial" files and folders that have been installed??

Thanks again.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by dennmans
Same problem,

There are a few differences with the above posts - I am using the 1.6.2 installer on Joomla 1.5.20. I am using MySQL v 5, which is the only difference with other installations of Kunena that I have running on the same machine (which are still in v4).

I have tried installing from the tmp directory as well as uploading (but my php.ini uload limit is 100MB, so that would be strange).

To uninstall manually, I go through three steps:

- remove components/com_kunena
- remove administrator/components/com_kunena
- uninstall kunena from the backend of Joomla

By the looks of things I am not getting to a point in the install where tables are made, I can't see any kunena tables in my database when the error comes up.

Anyone solve this yet?

Dennis

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5 by dennmans
Update:
It seems that this can have something to do with running an old version of PHP. Not in my case though, this domain runs PHP v 5.3

Another Update:
My PHP info says that I am running PHP v 4.4 - I'll post if this is definitely the problem, but that seems the most likely.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by dennmans.

Time to create page: 0.783 seconds