Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Going back to 1.5

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by joey2509
Going back to 1.5 was created by joey2509
I waited a long time for 1.6 and loved it, then the toolbar (bbc code) stopped working. Everybody thinks it is because my site is in legacy mode. I have tried everyhing to get it out of it (I mean hours and hours) and even paid a guy lots of money to find the issue of why the site does not work out of legacy and he couldnt. I am not even sure it will work once out of legacy mode because it did work in 1.6 before. I am beaten here now. If I go back to 1.5 is it just as simple as just reinstalling 1.5 over 1.6

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by vatoloco
Replied by vatoloco on topic Re: Going back to 1.5
Those guy you paid for: did he even try it with a fresh install of both Joomla and Kunena 1.6 and then step by step adding plugins / modules / components to figure out what's causing your problem?

This is the way I would suggest you to continue. Once you have figured out what's causing that problem (you mentioned Legacy mode) then simply disable that module / plugin / component and try an alternative for it!

Regarding a "switchback" from 1.6 to 1.5 I can't help you cause I didn't try it on my own.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Going back to 1.5
Hello,

To go back to K1.5, when you have K1.6 isntalled, follow these steps :

Uninstall K1.6
Install K1.5

FYI : the new messages made in K1.6 will be lost when you go back to K1.5

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Going back to 1.5

joey2509 wrote: I waited a long time for 1.6 and loved it, then the BBcode toolbar stopped working. Everybody thinks it is because my site is in legacy mode. I have tried everything to get it out of it (I mean hours and hours) and even paid a guy lots of money to find the issue of why the site does not work out of legacy and he couldn't. I am not even sure it will work once out of legacy mode because it did work in 1.6 before.

Two observations:

(1) The reason your BBcode toolbar does not work is because there is a Javascript element belonging to another Joomla extension on your website. The reason that the BBcode toolbar stopped working is because you added that extension after you installed K 1.6 on your site.

(2) The legacy mode issue is entirely separate from these other problems - the inability to display the BBcode toolbar - but they are just as important, in my opinion, from a strategic perspective. Websites that continue to depend on "legacy mode" will become hamstrung and unable to be taken further until those legacy issues are resolved. Perhaps those legacy issues will not be felt today or tomorrow but they will be felt eventually. For these reasons I believe it is imperative to resolve them now in order to future-proof the investment that you have made in your webcraft.

Time to create page: 0.906 seconds