Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question JFolder::create: Could not create directory / / Unknown Archive type

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by The Chief
I am running a Joomla 1.7.3 Site

Tried Installing Kunena utilizing the URL method and I erceive the following error!

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unknown Archive type

I have never had an issue on my site with permissions or size limits as I have multiple much larger Components installed. I did a search here but they were similar but not the same. Any assistance would be great!

PHP Built On Linux ssl0602.int.bizland.net 2.6.35.8-nx #1 SMP Wed Nov 3 01:47:21 EDT 2010 i686
Database Version 5.0.91-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.2.17
Web Server Apache/2
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable [ Ember ] 14-Nov-2011 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, The Chief, and welcome to Kunena.

I am sorry to hear that you are running a J! 1.7.3 site; we don't offer any supported versions of Kunena that run in J! 1.7 these days. The "unknown archive type" seems to be the clue here. What is the specific name of the file you are trying to install by the "install by URL" method. You may find that K 1.6 & K 1.7 Installation Guide has more information that helps you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds