Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Upgrading J1.5.23 to 1.7 doesn't bring Kunena along...

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by mcgski
I'm trying to upgrade my Joomla site from v1.5.23 to v1.7.5 using JUpgrade.

The upgrade process works and it creates a new site, though my Kunena component is not brought along. I try to reinstall the component but I'm not given the option to upgrade, only to install.

I've upgraded the Kunena component on my v1.5.23 so it's up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

I did a search of the JUpgrade forums and found the following post:

redcomponent.com/forum/92-jupgrade/10536...h-kunena-by-jupgrade

I'm about to give it a try. Stay tuned...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by mcgski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think we need to clearly differentiate issues involving installing and upgrading Kunena from issues/difficulties that people may have with migrating Joomla.

Joomla migration issues should be posted to the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ); Kunena installation/upgrade issues should be posted here.

Finally, this is the only time that I have read about problems people have had with jUpgrade - which is used to migrating from J 1.5 to J! 1.7 (or J! 2.5) - and Kunena. Yes, we are aware that jUpgrade is not perfect and that it does not pick up all extensions but I have not read of failures involving Kunena per se.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.970 seconds