Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question after upgrade, variables aren't translating

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by bjassoc
e.g. COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_USERS: 27 | COM_KUNENA_STAT_LATEST_MEMBERS: bmistriel

COM_KUNENA_STAT_USERLIST »
COM_KUNENA_STAT_MORE_ABOUT_STATS »

COM_KUNENA

it's a language problem - how to fix? It looked fine before the upgrade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, bjassoc, and welcome to Kunena.

What language are you trying to use? What version of Kunena are you trying to use? Upgrade or fresh installation ? What did you "upgrade" from? Did you read the upgrade/installation guide(s) and Read Me notes for the version of Kunena that we're discussing?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bjassoc

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by bjassoc
G'day to you. I updated to 1.7.1 from 1.5.x (don't remember the x!), then realized (after posting this) that I hadn't installed all the modules and extensions. So I did that.

Now the forum is still "offline for maintenance" - meaning there's still something I need to do? Or how do I get it back online so I can see if perhaps the problem got fixed?

I did read the instructions. do I need to install a Language pack? (Forum is in english.)

thank you for your help.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by bjassoc
Reading the Notes more carefully, I see my Joomla is 1.5.20 (not 1.5.25) and my PHP is 5.2.17 (not 5.2.3).

Doesn't sound related to my problem, but perhaps?

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled

bjassoc wrote: Reading the Notes more carefully, I see my Joomla is 1.5.20 (not 1.5.25) and my PHP is 5.2.17 (not 5.2.3)

Both if of these are OK for your purposes (although it's better to update to J! 1.5.25. PHP 5.2.17 is a later version than PHP 5.2.3. :)

Your forum is offline for maintenance could mean that the installation failed part-way through and, if you're using English, that's what it sounds like to me. I would try to re-do the installation again. If necessary, the installation also gives you a way to go back to K 1.5.x (whatever was last installed).

*** Topic moved to more appropriate category ***

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by bjassoc
Sozzled, where did you move this topic???

I reinstalled as you suggested - and there was an error msg that I missed before: "Language Install: No core pack exists for the language :en-GB"

I see this has reported by others here, but haven't found the fix on this Forum.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
I moved the topic from K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions to K 1.6 and K 1.7 Installation and Upgrade

Yes, I figured as much, there was an error message that prevented the completion of the installation (and that's why your Kunena forum is now offline.

bjassoc wrote: there was an error msg that I missed before: "Language Install: No core pack exists for the language :en-GB".

I see this has reported by others here ...

You might benefit from reading K 1.7 Language Support ; however, I haven't seen this issue reported by others specifically for a missing en-GB language!

From the sounds of things, you may have some difficulty running the installation in the way that you're trying to run it. I suggest that you try the installation method shown in the upgrade guide (see msg #2 for the link). Watch the video in the installation guide to see how easy it is (the video shows an installation in real time and it takes 90 seconds to watch it).

If this still doesn't work, please let us know. There are still a lot of other things we can do. :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bjassoc

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by antzog
Hi,

I was using K1.6 and while moving various files around on my 1.5.25 site I believe by accident I over wrote a language file with an older version that did not contain the kunena language info. The forum was suddenly covered in strings like COM_KUNENA_TIME_SINCE.

I figured i should upgrade to the latest kunena anyway so read the upgrade info page and installed the latest kunena. The error message: "Language Install: No core pack exists for the language :en-GB". cropped up. The language seems fine in the admin area but the site is not looking great at the moment. www.studentwindsurfing.co.uk/index.php?o...c=listcat&Itemid=538

I have now downloaded the language pack and tried to install the GB site pack but it is producing the error: "Language Install: No core pack exists for the language :en-GB. Install Language Error."

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks

Beaker

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
I recommend that you do what I have recommended to other people: upgrade to K 1.7.2.

Please read what I wrote in the message before the one you posted.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds